Quantcast

Fan on Pioneer Kuro 50" Monitor

milleniumaire

Hi, unfortunately after almost 10 years (purchased on 29th August 2009) my Pioneer Kuro 50" (KRP-500A monitor and KRP-M01 media box) has started exhibiting the power failure issue (8 blue lights).

I have to say for a £2,600 TV it is very disappointing but I see this is a common issue with this TV, so I'm not entirely surprised.

I've taken the set to an electronics company in the hope they can make a cost effective repair as I'm not quite ready to get onto the 4K bandwagon just yet, besides it would be too expensive to change my AV amp AND TV.

While the monitor and media box were off the wall I plugged them both in to test the original display port cable. I noticed in the back of the monitor there is a small fan, but this fan did not start when the monitor was powered on, even when a signal was being sent from the media box and the blue light was on (as opposed to the red standby light).

Does anyone know if this monitor fan only comes on when the monitor gets to a certain temperature, which would explain why I couldn't get it to start?

If it should come on whenever the monitor is switched on, I may mention it to the electronics company so that they can replace it.

Thanks.

generalgizmo

Hi, unfortunately after almost 10 years (purchased on 29th August 2009) my Pioneer Kuro 50" (KRP-500A monitor and KRP-M01 media box) has started exhibiting the power failure issue (8 blue lights).

I have to say for a £2,600 TV it is very disappointing but I see this is a common issue with this TV, so I'm not entirely surprised.

I've taken the set to an electronics company in the hope they can make a cost effective repair as I'm not quite ready to get onto the 4K bandwagon just yet, besides it would be too expensive to change my AV amp AND TV.

While the monitor and media box were off the wall I plugged them both in to test the original display port cable. I noticed in the back of the monitor there is a small fan, but this fan did not start when the monitor was powered on, even when a signal was being sent from the media box and the blue light was on (as opposed to the red standby light).

Does anyone know if this monitor fan only comes on when the monitor gets to a certain temperature, which would explain why I couldn't get it to start?

If it should come on whenever the monitor is switched on, I may mention it to the electronics company so that they can replace it.

Thanks.

Try Ebay a company repairs media boxes etc talk to them see what could be done.. tbh if its had alot of use 10yrs isn't bad.. I've had my kuro in front room for 11yrs clocked up over 30k hrs.. be lucky if anything these days lasts that long.. my Panasonic oled is nowhere near same build quality.. if the kuro died I agree its alot what we paid for them but I honestly couldnt complain as its served us well over the yrs
Good luck hope it gets fixed..

GMAN40

Hello,

Try Simon Hayden he can repair your media box to eliminated the 8 flashing blue lights.
His mobile number is 07816 767335 he based in Wisbech Cambridgeshire.

Give him a call he dhould be able to help you.

Thx
GMAN40

milleniumaire

Just to update this post. I found an electronics company in Leeds, West Yorkshire, called Multicare Electronics. I took the TV to them (they wanted the media box AND the 50" screen for testing) and after a three week wait, I collected it and it is working perfectly again.

They charged me £145 for the repair, which I was happy with as this is cheaper than the fees being advertised by some online websites, plus I didn't need to post anything.

3 weeks seemed to be an age without the TV, especially as I had to talk to the wife!

I will definitely use them again.

Top Bottom