1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan noise....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dc007, Feb 10, 2003.

1. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    How bad is it with your projector ?

Does it bug you ?

How do you deal with it ?

Of the projectors you've owned/demo'ed, what are the best with regards to noise ? The worst ?

Is LCD quiter that DLP ?

I've owned a SIMHT200 and could just about deal with it. HT200DMF demo was a little noisier. HT300 was unacceptably loud. Yamaha DLP was very quiet, but the rainbows were a killer...

How do the Runco DLP's weigh up from a noise perspective ?

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have JVC D-ILA that is very loud. It is mounted on the ceiling with the hush-box that insulates noise and well as heat coming out of it.

When I selected my projector 3yr ago the picture quality was the main criteria, so I got this other two side effects that had to be dealt with.

Apart from building hush-box you can examine a possibility of placing the projector in an adjoining room and create a small opening on the wall as a projection window. The is the simplest way of removing the noise (that is apart of buying a quiet projector in the first place.

3. Erik_Visual

Erik_Visual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All depends really, for what purpose you are using the projector. But if you are going to watch a movie or something similar louder than 32dB is very annoying.