"Fan noise. Noisy, quiet, replaced from Sony? - please post."

D

d4v34

Hi folks,

Ok, yes I know it's another fan noise thread and yes I understand that this maybe getting tedious for some but it is a real issue and some people would like to at least try and find a solution so I'd like to appeal to your patience.
Here are the facts that we know:

• PS3 fan noise is an issue for some people.
  • The fans on some PS3s don't step down.
  • Sony have (informally) acknowleged the issue and are replacing some PS3s with varying results.
  • Some people that have a replacement HAVE noticed a reduction in noise.

Please don't post in this thread unless you match the topic. I understand people want to post their opinions on the fan noise but unless they post facts about their own machine it does nothing but derail the thread.

We know the following:

• Some people don't think it's a problem - that's fine but on this topic we want to hear from people that do have an issue
  • We know it could be a location issue but that's been done to death so I'm assuming posters have their PS3 in free space.
  • We know the PS3 is quieter than the Xbox 360.
  • We know we can turn up the volume unfortunately some of us have children.
  • We know we can use headphones which is fine for single player but not practical for MP.

So after all that could you provide the following information if you can:

Quiet PS3
Serial number:
Country of manufacture:
Any other identifying information:

Noisy PS3
Serial number:
Country of manufacture:

For replacements: Original noisy PS3
Serial number:
Country of manufacture:

For replacements: Replacement quiet PS3
Serial number:
Country of manufacture:

Some people have a noisy PS3 as a replacement, it would be good to capture this information too.
Replacement noisy PS3

Serial number:
Country of manufacture:

MattZani

Banned
Quiet:

5560103 (i think thats the right part)

CEHC03

Dunno were made.

Mine steps up, but its always been in open area's, and i wouldn't say its unreasonable, actually quiet.

stu.artd

Quiet at startup. Spins up after 5-15 min but spins back down.

xx-2743xxxx-043xxxx-CECHA00

Made in China

Don't really want to post full serial number here

D

d4v34

Thanks for the replies folks, yep no problem not quoting the full serial - I should have just said the first 3 numbers would be fine.

Cheers

rickmoz

no. 552, I think that quite noisy about the same level as a 360 in the blades menu and after 2 step up it never goes down. This is my 2nd one (swaped at the shop) but have not got in touch with sony yet.

Barso

Standard Member
please read my post it the thread at beginning of forum,is anyone bothered about fan noise?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom