fan changes

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tonyducks, Jul 8, 2001.

1. tonyducks

tonyducks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi..i wonder if anyone has got any info on this prob...

i have the sharpe xvc-20e and ive been really happy with it. not the best performer by a long shot but for the price its excellent. now thing is..after about 3 months of usage, not heavy maybe im about 50 hours in out of a reputed 900 worth of bulb, the fan is spinning faster making the projector noiser. it starts about 35 mins into a film and is really intrusive. you'll get 2-3 minutes of normal fan noise which is ok then about 30 seconds of a louder noise. obviosly its getting hotter and the fan is reacting accordingly. thing is it never used to do this. is it possible the fan has slipped out of place or is there anything i can do? ta

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Or it could just be the hot weather we are having lately. I've done some work replaceing fans in cumputer PSUs but I'm not sure that I would try this on a projector.

Jeff

3. Filmbuff

Filmbuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the fan is on its way out , i had the same problem on my Amp a little while ago , a new one was £15 from Maplin (www.maplin.co.uk) and was dead easy to change, might be worth a look ?? :rolleyes:

4. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Have you checked the filter, I have the Sharp XV-Z1E and after around 20 hour the filter need to be cleaned, I recently tried adding an additional filter and that made the fan work harder, which made it louder

5. tonyducks

tonyducks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I check the filter? Do I just unscrew the flap on top? Sorry, heh, bit of a newbie.

6. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Not sure on that model, my XV-Z1E just clip in on the top, Its a foam filter,
    have you checked the book that came with it, should tell you how

7. tonyducks

tonyducks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i got it sussed. thanks pal.