Fan and overheating


Prominent Member
I had my Switch on stand by mode in my bag and when I was pulling some stuff out I felt the case was very hot so opened it and noticed that a game had started.

The fan in the unit was on overload.

I have since switched it off and removed joycons.

Is there any way to see if any permaneny damage has been done?

I am pretty pissed off about it, no idea how it jumped past the lock screen.


Prominent Member
I doubt you have done any permanent damage, most modern devices have failsafes built in to shut them down if they reach a certain temperature.

Just looked it up and normal operating temps for the Switch is 5 and 35C.
I guess I am worried because it was in the case and was overheating. I have booted it up now and all is well though.

The latest video from AVForums

⭐ Philips OLED+908 TV preview + Avid Accent amplifier reviews + Hi-Fi & AV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon
Top Bottom