1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family portrait

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by ftmftm, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ftmftm

ftmftm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i want to do a family portrait, but don't know were to start, there are 4 of us, kids are 12, girl and boy 10, do i have everyone standing, adults standing kids sitting, all 4 of us sitting, whats the best background to have, whats the best settings to have, etc, i have a nikon d50, 18-55 lens. any comments advice, would be welcome,

just another question, when im out with my camera in my bag, do i take the lens of and pack it away or just leave the lens on, thanks in advance

2. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    leave the lens on with the lens cap fitted, less chance of dust getting into the camera and onto the ccd.

what kind of family portrait do you want? something funky looking or a standard looking old style group shot with the 2 parents at the back with the sprogs at the front. i dont think there are any hard and fast rules, just experiment and see which one you'd prefer to have on the wall!

3. ftmftm

ftmftm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi mr jones, i was thinking about a standard one, but a funky one sounds good, have you got any idea's on that one, thanks

4. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    somewhere i have a family portrait my gran took on my camera, im holding my little sister upside down by her ankles :D

5. ftmftm

ftmftm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    can you dig them out and post them so i can have a look, the funky one and a stanadard one mr jones, thanks