Family holiday abroad tips

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Looking at a first family trip abroad this summer, unfortunately it will have to be school holidays with the kids being 11 and 13. Any recommendations of location and type of holiday? We're looking for a relaxing, picturesque holiday with enough entertainment to keep the kids busy, preferably not really hot. As a base line, I fancy somewhere like Tenerife (not sure if that breaks the last preference ;)).

We've done the British holidays and always managed to get a good deal, but not sure where to start with abroad. So I'm also looking for tips on where to book and what packages to look out for to get a quality holiday at a decent price. For example, how is all inclusive versus half board for families?

I don't have a feel for budget yet, but I guess upto £750 a head would be a goal, preferably less, but will tweak when I get something to compare and contrast. I've only tentatively looked so far, wanted to get the passports sorted first, which turned out to be a bit of a faff.

Also, general tips for things like luggage, how much cash to take and any gotchas that may befall travelling with kids would be much appreciated. Mmm, quite a few questions here, so pretty much a general tips thread if there's any interest. :thumbsup:

Tindall

Novice Member
I would say maybe look into Disneyland Paris or if you have older kids then try Orlando. Hope this helps.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I would probably look at all inclusive. A friend of mine has booked a weeks stay close to Costa dorado for £540 all inclusive. I would say it is a good price considering it is in august. All inclusive means all food and drinks so no hassle of balancing spending money

mjn

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom