• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Family Guy - Where Are The New Episodes ?

Some Bloke

Prominent Member
Can anyone tell me when, if ever new episodes are shown on FX ?
I'm pretty sure the last time I was watching the 1000th showing of one episode, it mention that they'd be showing a new episode on Thursday.
So far when I've read the details of Thursdays shows they are all repeats.

Should I just download them instead ?

Mucho grassy arse :)

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

You're confusing FX's showings of "Family Guy" with all-new Season 4 episodes of "American Dad", which FX started showing tonight at 9pm! ;)

Pooch

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
New season started on BBC 3 last night.

Has everbody heard about the bird?

I watched that last night and got the feeling I'd seen it before - don't think it was just the advert I'd seen. :confused:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I watched the first episode and decided to stop watching. I think I have had enough of this series and won't bother with it now. I am finding it is a chore to watch it now.

MWP1985

Prominent Member
I watched both the new episodes on BBC Three and, whilst the second was superior to the first, neither were particularly brilliant. Frankly, I think the series ran out of steam by the end of season 4 and it has been very hit-and-miss since then. 'American Dad', on the other hand, is consistently good and has for a long time been the better of Seth MacFarlane's two shows.

sco101

Established Member
Has everbody heard about the bird?

I was at the printer at work which is next to one of the Partners desk she was talking to someone and said "its abit like...whats the word?" it was so tempting to start singing Bird Is The Word :rotfl:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Yes I too believe FG started to decline after series 4, I watched the new episodes the other night and apart from the odd really funny comment it wasn't really that good compared to the early stuff. It's going the way of the Simpsons as far as I'm concerned.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Sorry, I own all the UK DVD box set releases but FG stopped having 'new' episodes after the halfway point of the first season. They cannot even rip themselves off properly anymore they have gotten that lazy

neroon

Established Member
That was the UK premiere of season 7, though it was aired in the US last Sept so maybe you've seen it elsewhere...
:confused:
I'm confused I own S6 on R2 dvd ,s7 was on BBC3 last year so are these NEW S8 eps on now? And are they repeated?:confused:

:confused:

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
I'm confused I own S6 on R2 dvd ,s7 was on BBC3 last year so are these NEW S8 eps on now? And are they repeated?:confused:

Love Blacktually and I Dream of Jesus are the first 2 episodes of Season 7, season 8 isn't due till September 2009.
Family Guy on TV.com - Season 7

However, for some reason the R2 DVD releases have been using their own completely different season schedule :suicide:

A good explanation by an Amazon reviewer here::

Ok, there is much confusion about what episodes of Family Guy are on each season release in the UK. It is pretty messed up! So here is a list of all the episodes and which box set they are on in the UK. The numbers after each episode are the USA episode numbers.

Season Seven

Disk 1:

No Meals On Wheels (5-14)
Boys Do Cry (5-15)
No Chris Left Behind (5-16)
It Takes A Village Idiot, And I Married One (5-17)
Meet The Quagmires (5-18)
Disk 2:
Movin' Out (Brian's Song) (6-2)
Believe It Or Not, Joe's Walking On Air (6-3)
Stewie Kills Lois (6-4)
Lois Kills Stewie (6-5)
McStroke (6-8)
Padre de Familia (6-6)
Peter's Daughter (6-7)
Disk 3:
Special Features - Includes '100th Episode Special' from Season 6
Amazon.co.uk: K. Cleavely "kleigh"'s review of Family Guy - Season 7 - Complete [DVD]

HMHB

Distinguished Member
the season that's showing as new on BBC at the moment on a Sunday night has been very poor for me. It's got to the stage now where I either fast forward or just don't bother watching it any more. Very sad to see it go like this :(

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
the season that's showing as new on BBC at the moment on a Sunday night has been very poor for me. It's got to the stage now where I either fast forward or just don't bother watching it any more. Very sad to see it go like this :(

Totally agree, it's been the worst season yet by far. Judging by season 7 reviews over on IMDb and TV.com we're certainly not alone in thinking that.

Maybe the writers are now putting all their best efforts into American Dad, which is still amusing me, and upcoming The Cleveland Show :confused:

Satsui_Ryu

Distinguished Member
Family Guy has been very hit'n'miss since returning in 05, IMO. It hasn't been consistently good since being cancelled, which is a real shame, because the first three seasons are all brilliant. Season 7 was forgettable, but still contained some solid ideas/episodes.

I would actually agree that American Dad is now the better show. It's a somewhat strange situation because I felt that American Dad started off very poorly and I almost gave up on it within the first five or six episodes. I'm glad I didn't, because it's a very reliable show at the moment. Which brings me onto my next point; The Cleveland Show.

I'm not sure how many people are aware, but the first episode actually leaked online at the end of June (It's on a few different video hosting sites, if you type in 'Cleveland Show leaked' you'll find it). I only found out last night and decided to give it a whirl out of curiosity. I'm hesitant to say whether I enjoyed it or not because I really can't make my mind up. As was the case with American Dad, I think that it will eventually find it's stride, so I'm not going to crucify it after the first episode, but I will say that it was sometimes entertaining and other times mundane. We'll see...

Last edited:

Chanser

Prominent Member
Did anyone watched BBC Proms, Seth MacFarlane was singing classic MGM movie tunes with a bit of Stewie mixed in! :)

Steven

Senior Moderator
That is interesting as I find American Dad very mundane. It is so predictable. You know all about the individual characteristics and just what will happen. They could ask me to write a show and no one would notice the difference. I think MacFarlane has hit another wall

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom