Family Guy series 12 (US pace)

Batman2

Distinguished Member
Episode 6.

I can't find a thread, so started this one.

I had no idea that they were planning to kill a character of in the show, but they did. :eek:

Will discuss in spoiler text below.

I can't believe they just killed Brian off :(

I hope it's just a joke and Stewie manages to fix his time machine and rescue him. I really loved the Stewie & Brian adventures.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Yeah pretty shocked, i think if they dont go back to the way it was i can see myself not watching it, those two were my favourite bits of the show

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Got to agree, it really is the dynamic between the two of them that pretty much makes the show remotely worth watching, considering how little they use Meg, killing her would have made more sense.

Batman2

Distinguished Member
I would not be surprised if this is just a huge prank by the makers of the show. The Simpsons has confirmed that they are killing of a character again. So this could be Seth taking a swipe at them by saying he's doing the same, but reverting back because he can.

the funny thing is they showed Road To The North Pole on BBC3 on Saturday night which I love.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
I would not be surprised if this is just a huge prank by the makers of the show. The Simpsons has confirmed that they are killing of a character again. So this could be Seth taking a swipe at them by saying he's doing the same, but reverting back because he can.

the funny thing is they showed Road To The North Pole on BBC3 on Saturday night which I love.
Yeah all those style of eps are my favourites, I was wondering if it was anything to do with the simpsons, guess we'll have to wait and see.

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Did they also not do a show where they replaced the dog, only to replace him again at the end of the episode?[spoiler/]

Last edited:

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
yeah they did, it was in one of the earlier seasons. I'd spoiler that as well, dead giveaway for what happened. :)

Batman2

Distinguished Member
Oh hell no!

They've only gone and
changed the opening credits and replaced Brian with Vinnie. Vinnie is so not working as a replacement for Brian, he's so boring

Batman2

Distinguished Member
Rai you may want to re-spoiler that post and it was yesterday's episode, so most people probably know now.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Really starting to go off American Dad and Family Guy now.
Only episodes I seem to enjoy are the Stewie & Brian ones and on American Dad any ones with Roger as the main story.

I get the impression they really have ran out of ideas so are trying things like the constant musical episodes or changing the dog just to see what they can get away with or what people will put up with. Used to really enjoy it but its a struggle to watch now. Which for a 20 min Adult Animated Show it really shouldnt be.
Compare it to South Park which just gets better and better imo and its miles ahead but still funny and original. Roll on Archer in January for my Animated Fix. Atleast Bobs Burgers is still good.

CEEJAYBEE82

+1 for brickleberry! Very funny and much ruder than family guy. It's on tonight on VIVA on sky channel 357

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the Brickleberry suggestion, watched a few last night and really liked them.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Yep, I only came across them on YouTube a couple of months ago by accident and love it.
Yeah is a good show, right up mine & the mrs street.
Will go well along side, Bobs Burgers, Archer & Venture Bro's.
Just a shame Ugly Americans is no more :(

Mark One

What I like about Family Guy is consistency, OK not all episodes work but, in my opinion the majority do. My second favourite animated comedy show, just behind Robot Chicken which is certainly superior, when on form.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
It's consistently mediocre. Had they actually had the guts to stick with the recent plot development it would at least have suggested a capacity for growth, but no.... Thank Jeebus for Archer and South Park.

Batman2

Distinguished Member
Couldn't find a Simpsons thread, so thought I'd stick this in here since they are doing a cross over episode.

It made me laugh anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

Sean Connery: James Bond icon dies aged 90
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Anthem launches latest AV receivers, processors and amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim and Focal discount premium music systems
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett