False chimney av locations

Hawkpalmer

Hi all,

Just about to build a false chimney wall.

List of items to go onto this false wall:
5ft solid oak mantle beam
48" Electric recessed fire
55" tv

We also have a Denon av receiver, xbox, cctv recorder, sky q box.

Where are best places to have the Av receiver, xbox, cctv, sky q?

We don't want the chimney wall to be too clutered as it's only going to be 160cm wide, but I'm also going to build x2 shelves either side and cupboards below with shelf (100cm each side)

I've seen other builds where people put hardware on the sides in recessed shelfs but how can you turn them in/off and change channels ect if they're not in line of sight??

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, pics of before, during & after your builds would be a big help too.

Manh thanks

rpr

If your kit isn't in line of sight you can uterlise IR extenders which aren't expensive. I only installed the TV & centre speaker in my false wall , everything else is in a Sanos rack other end of the room

Hawkpalmer

If your kit isn't in line of sight you can uterlise IR extenders which aren't expensive. I only installed the TV & centre speaker in my false wall , everything else is in a Sanos rack other end of the room
Thank you for your reply.

IR extenders will be perfect for my build, appreciate the heads up

ddlooping

@Hawkpalmer
Is the tv going to be fully recessed into the false wall?
I'm only asking because if later you want to upgrade to a larger tv you might be in a bit of a pickle? 😕

Hawkpalmer

@Hawkpalmer
Is the tv going to be fully recessed into the false wall?
I'm only asking because if later you want to upgrade to a larger tv you might be in a bit of a pickle? 😕
The chimney flase wall section will be around 60cm deep from the main wall, tv will be semi recessed and be on a full motion tv bracket.

If/when I'd go for bigger size tv it would be fine as it would then have the look of being mounted "on the wall" but still hide the recess behind.

DeepDiver

I've done a similar build, but just wall mount TV. I've used ikea besta units each side of the false wall and have all my av in one of the units. I control everything with a harmony remote/hub.
you can see my build from the link in my sig.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom