False Chimney - another wires question

boro86

Novice Member
Hello all, any advice appreciated

I am planning a false chimney for our living room for an electric stove effect fire with 65"tv mounted above. We have seen an example of what we would like.. something similar to this (but with an electric stove rather than pano electric)

link to inspiration

4.png
3.png

On that example they have hidden the virgin box / cables behind the tv with the tv on an extending bracket for access and allowing the tv to sit flush with the wall.

Do you think the items behind would overheat and/or become a fire risk? ideally we don't want to have cupboard either side of the false chimney

I had a quick mock up on SketchUp

1.png
2.png

Thank you

Harkon321

Virgin box does get quite warm. Surely that void where the plugs are could go all the way to the ceiling though, to vent air upwards

boro86

Novice Member
Perhaps a larger open volume behind the tv like this would help? with a longer reaching tv bracket? still concerned if the tv is a tight fit in the recess (10mm all around?) if enough air would circulate
5.png

Arv4

Novice Member
Ideally you need a method to pull and push air - I.e. a vent to the outside would be best…
I did something similar with a recess - however I housed my equipment in a different room and ran the wires accordingly.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom