False Chimney and hidden AV kit

burrowsr1

Standard Member
Well its been a while now since I got the keys to my first house, August the 20th to be precise. I have finally started making good headway into my AV install so thought i would share some pics. Theres nothing more than waiting for pics of the finished product but hopefully it wont be to far away now.

Sorry for bad quality pics they are off my iphone.

Base frame, tv mounted and power cables and cat5 run
0e47e7f6.jpg

The cat5 runs to under the stairs where all the bits are going to be, Xbox, PS3, AMP, SKY HD, Media Centre PC.
I've also wired in two double sockets to accomodate all the kit.
09a234e2.jpg

a1c2d419.jpg

Few more of the tv and bracket mounted with the recess taking shape
81f0517f.jpg

02dc4296.jpg

Lower recess made which is going to be used just as a feature really. Oh and for an ipod dock which will sync back to the PC under the stairs
8cc85ebe.jpg

Socket wired
3e0a48ff.jpg

Speaker boxes made and mounted
99af0dcd.jpg

32b68350.jpg

Some pics with the boarding happening. You can see the runs of speaker cable which all needs a good tidying up too
38e8fa5d.jpg

1a259df8.jpg

Pics of the Speaker cable for the rear speakers
6548c581.jpg

8cb286c8.jpg

Im fitting the downlights for the lower recess tonight and boarding it which will also have a switch on the left of the chimney. Ill also get the ipod dock inplace too
HDMI Baluns have arrived today so will also check and test all is good.
Apollo Lighting kit is being ordered for backlighting the TV.
Jamos being used for speakers. Already bought those so I could get the speaker boxes right.
Onkyo Amp needs to be bought
I use XMBC media centre with my iphone/touch to control it.
Marmitek ir recivers for the IR devices
and when some more money is available Ill prob sort a Global Cache and Use bobby universal on the ipod

Then a damn good booze up when all is done. The last few bits will be ongoing, I need to get in the damn house really, lol. I didn't think that I would gut the house when we first got the keys but I went a bit hammer crazy.
Let me know what you think so far

Cheers

Stu

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
A great start, just thought I would come in with a word of warning.

Make sure the unit is totally secure, and not susceptible to vibration caused by your speakers or subwoofer. My install can vibrate at certain frequencies and dBs, so just check it all before making it harder to rectify any issues you might find after it is all decorated.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom