Fallout 4

Weird! Did you...

...try talking to the gut at the door first? You need to do a little Q&A before they let you in.

I'm just away to go back to see if I can visit the troublesome spot now I've completed the quest.

I'm not using any enb presets at the moment, just shadow boost and a ReShade filter I made that only adjusts lumasharpen. There must be something in one of the game's ini files, I'm sure I've seen it before!

I'm only using the boost feature of enboost, not any graphical features or presets. Yes I'm using the lumasharpen too, as the full-blown reshade taxed my system in cities.

This is with a bit of fighting outside of Covenant,reloading my save, then fast travelling to the Prydwyn (to leave my power armour somewhere safe) then travelling back to Covenant. Haven't started any quests etc.

Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 06.24 PM.JPG

They weren't too appreciative of my power armour, in Covenant.

They weren't too appreciative of my power armour, in Covenant.

haha i love that song (that and uranium fever which a mod added in NV,good to see they included it in FO4.

excellent choice on companions ;)

comics-alladin-fallout-games-2678565.jpeg

I hadn't seen that, but I'll definitely check it out! For not being that into SW, I did love the KoTOR games!

im a huge SW fan and loved both of them games :)

haha i love that song (that and uranium fever which a mod added in NV,good to see they included it in FO4.

excellent choice on companions ;)

View attachment 667145

i installed this mod last night, it replaces Diamond City Radio (the main file) which is the radio station playing on my video.
More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Also have this mod to replace the classical radio station
Cadillac Jack's Radio Shack VOICE ACTED DJ 60 PLUS SONGS (Old World Radio - Boston) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

i installed this mod last night, it replaces Diamond City Radio (the main file) which is the radio station playing on my video.
More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Also have this mod to replace the classical radio station
Cadillac Jack's Radio Shack VOICE ACTED DJ 60 PLUS SONGS (Old World Radio - Boston) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

ahah! yeah i have more where that came from tracked,but not the other one so ty for that,would be great to have some new songs to listen too on my 2nd run :)

omg! totally tracking now! ty :)

Tried again post-quest with all mods active and Ultra/High settings and still crashes. Then tried with all mods active and game set on low gfx (looks like FO3!), no crashes until I get to the Memorial Hospital just down the road.

I've now thrown my toys out of the pram now, and am going to reinstall all my mods and start afresh with the inis. I also moved the game to my SSD recently, but still have the original files in place on my HDD so that may have been confusing things too.

The double edge sword that is modding :)

Tried again post-quest with all mods active and Ultra/High settings and still crashes. Then tried with all mods active and game set on low gfx (looks like FO3!), no crashes until I get to the Memorial Hospital just down the road.

I've now thrown my toys out of the pram now, and am going to reinstall all my mods and start afresh with the inis. I also moved the game to my SSD recently, but still have the original files in place on my HDD so that may have been confusing things too.

haha indeed,if theres anything i learned from modding since oblivion days is we spend more time modding then actually playing the game :p

i would love to stick FO4 on my SSD but my steam library is nearly 1tb in size so that ideas out of the question lol

Are you using NMM as your mod manager? if so, is your virtual folder on your hdd? i had mine on the hdd (the game on the ssd) and it freaked it out. runs much better now with the game and virtual mods folder BOTH on the ssd

haha indeed,if theres anything i learned from modding since oblivion days is we spend more time modding then actually playing the game :p

i would love to stick FO4 on my SSD but my steam library is nearly 1tb in size so that ideas out of the question lol

You can install Steam games to any drive... I have my collection split over 1 HDDs and 1 SSD, neither of which Steam itself is on ;)

Are you using NMM as your mod manager? if so, is your virtual folder on your hdd? i had mine on the hdd (the game on the ssd) and it freaked it out. runs much better now with the game and virtual mods folder BOTH on the ssd

NMM yeah, and I do have the mods on HDD. No space left on SSD to move them though! Damn, looks like the game is back on HDD then!

You can install Steam games to any drive... I have my collection split over 1 HDDs and 1 SSD, neither of which Steam itself is on ;)

is it possible just to have say just fallout 4 on my SSD then keep the rest of my library on my 3tb HDD?

Yes, that is how i have mine. Skyrim and Fallout 4 on my ssd, and the rest on my hdd. What i meant was the virtual mods folder for nexus mod manager. it recommends you have it on the same drive as your game (especially for master files)

Yes, that is how i have mine. Skyrim and Fallout 4 on my ssd, and the rest on my hdd. What i meant was the virtual mods folder for nexus mod manager. it recommends you have it on the same drive as your game (especially for master files)

well snap! i need a bigger SSD! (only have 120gb at mo,got it years ago when SSD's were expensive)

at the mo im just using manual method as its just esps and ive been modded oblivion,FO3,FO:NV,skyrim and now FO4 so im familiar with the process.

is it possible just to have say just fallout 4 on my SSD then keep the rest of my library on my 3tb HDD?

Yeah, but see below regarding mods!

Yeah mate, I know what you mean! Mods were still on HDD from when I was using that, but I didn't move them when I moved the game to SSD. I didn't realise they had to be (probably skipped through all the warnings!) :p

Skyrim takes up loads of space, my data folder alone is 47.9gb. So when the GECK comes out, i think my ssd will be getting smaller and smaller with available space

Yeah, but see below regarding mods!

Yeah mate, I know what you mean! Mods were still on HDD from when I was using that, but I didn't move them when I moved the game to SSD. I didn't realise they had to be (probably skipped through all the warnings!) :p

There is the multi-hd mode on NMM, but i'm not sure how efficient it is. I imagine it would increase load times, plus if it would cause any ctd

Skyrim takes up loads of space, my data folder alone is 47.9gb. So when the GECK comes out, i think my ssd will be getting smaller and smaller with available space

well lucky you can get 500gb SSd for only £100 on amazon and 1tb SSD for only £220 :)

You can never have enough storage! I certainly don't... (C: is SSD too, but I don't have games on it).

drives.png

@fliegenaffe I'm just reinstalling all my mods so will see how it works split over two drives, worst comes to worst the original files are still on the HDD so I'll just change paths.

You can never have enough storage! I certainly don't... (C: is SSD too, but I don't have games on it).

View attachment 667157

@fliegenaffe I'm just reinstalling all my mods so will see how it works split over two drives, worst comes to worst the original files are still on the HDD so I'll just change paths.

agreed!now if only my 3.1tb was all ssd :p,really wish i knew how cheap SSD's have become,just spent all my money on a skylake system with 16gb of 2400 DDR4 memory lol,guess ill add the new SSD to my must buy next list xD

Success! :)

Everything now on SSD, mods reduced from 184 to 92 and settings back on Ultra... all seems to be well again! Been running around Covenant and surrounding area for over and hour with no issues. The mods I left out were mostly crafting mods or textures I'm unlikely to notice.

FO Performance Monitor results attached.

Attachments

• VRAM.png
    VRAM.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 40
  • RAM.png
    RAM.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 39

Everything now on SSD, mods reduced from 184 to 92 and settings back on Ultra... all seems to be well again! Been running around Covenant and surrounding area for over and hour with no issues. The mods I left out were mostly crafting mods or textures I'm unlikely to notice.

Excellent news! now, all i need now is to find out how to start the quest at Covenant. As far as i know, i have spoken to everyone. The bloke at the gate let me straight in, no q&a etc.

Edit - on a side note, this is the first time i've played (since i first started the game) without any power armour. I seem to zip around everywhere at a 100 mph

Excellent news! now, all i need now is to find out how to start the quest at Covenant. As far as i know, i have spoken to everyone. The bloke at the gate let me straight in, no q&a etc.

Edit - on a side note, this is the first time i've played (since i first started the game) without any power armour. I seem to zip around everywhere at a 100 mph

Look for a guy called...

Honest Dan... as I said, he look like Thor

Unless you've killed him, or he's been killed by another enemy in the game.

Haha, yeah you're a lot quicker with no Power Armor!

81 hours played now and I've only just got to
The bit where I run around Kellogs brain! That was very different.
I still don't think I'm that far through but I'm having so much fun wandering around and discovering things.

hmmm wonder what it was causing the issue,vram maybe? that or possible a mod issue somewhere (like npc not liking weapon or something silly.

well glad you got it working fine (touch wood ;P)

81 hours played now and I've only just got to
The bit where I run around Kellogs brain! That was very different.
I still don't think I'm that far through but I'm having so much fun wandering around and discovering things.

haha! trust me i know that feeling,didnt get to diamond city till 174 hrs in (was like lvl 48 by that point xD (now like 56)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom