Fallout 4 xbox one graphic flicker issue

AudioVisualfan1988

Hithere,

Just started playing fallout 4 on xbox one, it's a great game and enjoying it. However I have notice a graphical problem were I find plants and foliage seems to flicker when traversing across the map, the issue seems to be more prominent when the foliage and plants are on top of a light coloured background.

I have come across a similar issue when view screenshots of game in the xbox one menu. However not during gamelay. This first I have experience this within a game.

My TV is a Sony KDL46W905 and my xbox one is connected via hdmi and is connected to a home cinema sound system via ARC through the TV.

I have made a video showing this issue, hopefully this will clear things up.

Any suggestions what is causing the issue would greatly appreciated.

tman

It seems that the XB1 version suffers with extreme frame rate drops and flickering from other reports. Maybe it will be fixed in a patch, who knows.

AudioVisualfan1988

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

Germination, as you have a Sony TV as well. I have found a temporary solution until a patch is released to fix the flickering problem. When in game mode go into the picture settings and highlight the picture mode option change it from game-standard to game-original. The game original option comes with impulse motionflow on as default. Just switch this off and reduce the sharpness down to 30.

This should reduce the flickering substantially, to point were you will hardly notice unless you actually try to look for it.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom