Fallout 3 Preview (UK Release: 31 Oct 08)

Immortaleffectz

Anyone else going to e taking a look at this title. I been doing a it of reading on it in January's OXM as they did a 8 page feature on this game. They are calling it the "next oblivion" more than likely to do with you fact it from the markers of it. Which i thourght was a old statement to make but only time will tell. Does look like a good looking game tho. Set 200 years after the world has been blown up it does have odd looking creatures similar to olivion. But they have set the combat is far different from Oblivion. Still i think its going to be on my "buy list".

Any other thourghts?

RidleyDeckard

It's my most wanted game of 2008. The original Fallout was one of my all time favourite games :)

rowedav

Distinguished Member
The HD teaser is now on the marketplace too, if you haven't already seen it.

Deputy Dawg UK

I'm the same as FilmFreak the original on the PC was one of my all time favs. had another look at the trailer the other although doesn't really show too much can't wait for the release of this...Anyone know when it is likely to be out ??

RidleyDeckard

October / November this year (fingers crossed!!)

Widge

It's my most wanted game of 2008. The original Fallout was one of my all time favourite games :)

There is alot of rumblings on the Elder Scrolls forums about this. Lots of the hardcore fallouts aren't keen on the changes from the originals.

Of course lots on there are disgruntled that its coming out on consoles in the first place!

Forum is here:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showforum=33

if you're curious...

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I saw this previewed in a mag a few months ago. Looks amazing! I'll definately be keeping an eye on it with a view to a pre-order.

Can anyone tell me, are the original PC games still worth playing now?

Deputy Dawg UK

I saw this previewed in a mag a few months ago. Looks amazing! I'll definately be keeping an eye on it with a view to a pre-order.

Can anyone tell me, are the original PC games still worth playing now?

deffo in my opinion

Immortaleffectz

Same here. Def a game i will be buyin when it's out :)

Captain Speedy

Looks like today was preview day as quite a few sites have some latest impressions up. There's IGN, 1UP and Shacknews. Now they are talking about 500 endings! :eek:

500!!! I still havent seen the bad ending in Bioshock, no way will I see most of those then.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
The guys at VG247 caught up with one of the guys behind Fallout 3 and were told that the 360 is the lead platform, whilst they aim for 30FPS on all platforms.

“Thirty frames a second is our goal, so it's running at 30 frames a second and it's nice and smooth,” he said, talking of the PC version.

“Yeah, that's the goal,” he added, when asked if the 30FPS target was the same for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Eurogamer have a detailed preview up and seemed to enjoy a recent demo playthrough!

In other words, there's much to be excited about with Fallout 3. With BioShock putting 1950s retro-futurism back on the scene, Fallout's return serves as a timely reminder of who actually applied the approach to games in the first place. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. showed how an open world and claustrophobic setting could pay dividends, but for those of us who found it a little too light, a more true-RPG approach is welcome. And for those who Oblivion was a bit too Land-of-the-Fairies, the dense and atmospheric Fallout universe offers a very different experience. As with any game as big of this, we'll only really get a chance to see how it hangs together when we stride out into the waste to see what's out there. I'm looking forward to it.

Guardo Bosque

To the poster who asked, Fallout 1&2 are definitely worth tracking down. Easily my favourite RPGS of all time.

I hope they maintain that dark morbid humour that made the originals so great. Oh, and I hope Dogmeat returns. :D

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
It would be good if they included Fallout 1/2 in the package, they'd hardly take up much room!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Or at the very least a dvd outlining the storylines of the two. Similar to what Sega did when they released Shenmue 2 on the XBOX.
Indeed that would be a good idea. My memory needs jogging to given how long it has been since I played them!

Chrispyphillips

I havent played either of the original two games, and doubt I will given the incredibly slow nature of my computer, but I must admit this one has me intrigued. I've read about the story, which sounds interesting. There are some screen shots on ign and they look fantastic, very gritty.

fallout-3-new-screens-20080624074509429_640w.jpg

fallout-3-screens-20080602094236022_640w.jpg

fallout-3-20080409044730249_640w.jpg

fallout-3-20080421041504288_640w.jpg

That'll do, I could list loads more, but you get the jist. All other images are found here.

Just as I say, very imterested. Will be watching this one, although not sure I'll get it straight away. I'm still nowhere near starting the main quest in Oblivion, and just cant find the tmie to dedicate to it. So will I be buying another similar title when I still have that one? I told myself no, we shall have to see!!!

Tufty McTavish

I'm still nowhere near starting the main quest in Oblivion, and just cant find the tmie to dedicate to it. So will I be buying another similar title when I still have that one? I told myself no, we shall have to see!!!

I'll bet you a Mars Bar you get F3. You read it here first :) :hiya: I'm in exactly the same boat as you with respect to Oblivion. In fact I've bought the GotY edition with the expansion disc because my original game disc won't read in a my newer Xbox360 but I still keep saving it for a rainy day that never arrives. It's never felt like a pick-up-n-play game, but rather something I ought to devote a good block of time to.

Chrispyphillips

I'll bet you a Mars Bar you get F3. You read it here first :) :hiya: I'm in exactly the same boat as you with respect to Oblivion. In fact I've bought the GotY edition with the expansion disc because my original game disc won't read in a my newer Xbox360 but I still keep saving it for a rainy day that never arrives. It's never felt like a pick-up-n-play game, but rather something I ought to devote a good block of time to.

I expect I probably will mate, so save your mars bar! :rolleyes:

I wont be an early adopter of this though, i'll wait for a price drop or try a demo if there is one, or rent it if not. since i've never played it before i dunno if i'l like it, and I'm not 100% on the RPG games. I like some, cant stand others, so i'd have to wait and see if this one wins me over!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution