Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

It is.

It's one of those head-scratching things, given that Super Monkey Ball and Super Bomberman are a couple of the most basic yet compelling MP games ever created and that Takeshi's Castle saw its height of popularity way back in 2005 that it's taken until 2020 to put these winning formulas into a mass online MP game and doesn't require owning a Nintendo machine in order to enjoy it!

Had a couple of rounds yesterday - it's definitely funny. It did feel very arbitrary in qualifying/being eliminated - lots of luck involved as well as some skill/strategy.
I tried to pair up with a friend - the invite worked OK but they got booted between joining and the first round starting. Not really sure how much it would have improved the experience.
I had 2 in 3 games fail to record progress when I was eliminated.
I know they were having server problems.

Is there any form of local multiplayer - I didn't see one. Playing with a mate of two locally on one PS$ and 50+ online at the same time would be lots of fun.

Very good and can't argue with the price ;)

Really want to play this but im not sure if my trophy OCD will let me as there is one trophy for winning five games in a row which the developers have boasted is pretty much impossible. Why they would alienate loads of people by saying that im not sure.

Do you have to be rat arsed to play it? 😂

It's great fun, played a bunch today with my nephew only had one crash, got up to lvl 11 in the season, not won yet but got very close twice, but yeah some trophies look a nightmare to get I can't see myself getting a plat for this I'm ok with that.

Had a couple of rounds yesterday - it's definitely funny. It did feel very arbitrary in qualifying/being eliminated - lots of luck involved as well as some skill/strategy.
I tried to pair up with a friend - the invite worked OK but they got booted between joining and the first round starting. Not really sure how much it would have improved the experience.
I had 2 in 3 games fail to record progress when I was eliminated.
I know they were having server problems.

Is there any form of local multiplayer - I didn't see one. Playing with a mate of two locally on one PS$ and 50+ online at the same time would be lots of fun.

Very good and can't argue with the price ;)
I cant see a local 2P option which would be awesome

I had a couple of games and then I uninstalled it, it wasn't bad by any means but it's not something i want to play.

I played through quite a lot of the beta for this. Would have happily bought it at full price if it wasn't a PS plus game.

Have picked up a few wins so far. I tend to get let down by the team based games - that is one area where having friends in the game can help.

Some guy has managed to get the 5 wins in a row. I've seen some streamers will regularly, but 5 in a row is very unlikely due to the random nature of some levels.

It has the brilliant combination of being easy to pick up, cute, slightly annoying, not amazing to control and yet the ability to make you smile. Try hiding behind a swinging hammer whilst protecting your tail, dressed as a wolf with a watermelon for a body.......what’s not to like.

I won 2 games in a row... fun game but doubt I’ll play it in longer than 30 min bursts. But for that quick fix it’s great

I won 2 games in a row... fun game but doubt I’ll play it in longer than 30 min bursts. But for that quick fix it’s great
Agreed to kill an hour it’s great but needs split screen

I know with it being a free game, we shouldn't moan but my god the servers are awful.

Seems every time we go to play we are lucky to get a game.

I know with it being a free game, we shouldn't moan but my god the servers are awful.

Seems every time we go to play we are lucky to get a game.
I've found them to be fine TBH but I do play solo.

I tried on 2 occasions, waited 5 minutes each time and still could not get a game. Is there a good time to try or any tips to actually get a show/ game started?

Maintenance yet again today. Hopefully this time it will fix all the issues

Maintenance yet again today. Hopefully this time it will fix all the issues

Major downtime with their servers but they probably never expected the numbers they are getting.
Im loving it, played maybe 30 games but have won 3 so far. Definitely need more courses or better rotation as I was playing the same selection over and over but luckily most of them are good fun.

Do wonder how they will make money as you can buy the kudos but then there isn’t a great deal of outfits etc... to buy, needs a bigger store....not that I will ever spend money on this.

Hopefully it’ll expand over the coming months, maybe new courses added next season and I can see myself playing this quite a bit with short 20-30 minute sessions.

Some of us from here have played as a group of 4 a few nights in a row and haven't had any connection issues. We did play after our CoD Warzone sessions though so probably after 12.30am or thereabouts.

Won my first game yesterday, was really lucky, we were playing in a team of three and two of us made it to the final round.......where there was only one other person. I was the capture the tail round and I started with the tail so I just legged it and my friend ran interferance and the eliminated team mate kept me informed of the whereabouts of the other player so I could keep away for the win.

Made it to the final a half a dozen times now but only one the once. Really going to be a struggle to get the platinum although the developer has said there "may" be easier ways to get the five wins in a row in future.

Did have stuggles to get in a game on friday but the server was up and down all day, Saturday was fine though with only a few disconects and a few occasions where it didnt award end game rewards till the next round.

All in all massively enjoyable, highly frustrating, but only for a minute as it just make you want to play it again and do better. More maps needed and surely uncoming.

There are more maps coming as well as variations in existing maps. The server downtime can be a hassle, but Rocket League went through the same thing.

They only have a small team, so the question is whether they can deliver new content fast enough to keep people interested.

I love the gameplay though, so will probably keep playing regardless.

It is fun playing in a group though, as when you get eliminated (or complete a stage early) you have someone else to cheer for. It also gives you an advantage in some of the team based games.

It has that “one more go” element to it which makes it so addictive I haven’t played hours and hours but do put in a quick 20-30 minutes every so often.
Hopefully people will keep playing so they can make some money and get more levels out for each season.
Would be a shame for it to die a death after a few months.

It has that “one more go” element to it which makes it so addictive I haven’t played hours and hours but do put in a quick 20-30 minutes every so often.
Hopefully people will keep playing so they can make some money and get more levels out for each season.
Would be a shame for it to die a death after a few months.

I do wonder if they have got the economy right for the game. You can buy packs of Kudos on the store and you get a decent amount for your money - cheapest pack is 12500 for £4. That would buy you a couple of complete skins on the store. Compare that to something like CoD or Fortnite and it is pretty cheap by comparison.

You earn a decent amount for each game though, get to the final and it is 400 plus. Add to that what you get from the season unlocks, there is a few thousand there. Anyone who plays the game regularly should have enough Kudos points to get the cosmetics they want, without having to buy packs from the store.

The premium currency in the game is crowns, you get 3 from the season unlocks but the only other way to get them is by winning games. I quite like this idea, as it keeps some cosmetics a bit more exclusive, but they would have made more money buy selling crown packs.

They do also have some paid DLC as well, so I guess they will continue to offer those to help bring in cash.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom