Falk Sat Nav now £199.99 at Lidl

PLASMABABBY

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This seems to be an upgraded version of the Falk Sat Nav and PDA on sale at Lidl before Christmas for £249.99

I've bought one today but haven't had a chance to charge and set it up yet.

Seemed a good buy but I must admit that it was an impulse buy. It's my latest toy but I may live to regret it.

Has anyone any advice on this bit of kit please?

Hi there,
Has anyone an opinion on this offer. The first one I got wouldn't charge up. Lidl exchanged it and the new one seems fine. But could I have got better value for money with a well known brand? Should I take it back and ask for a refund?

I got the Medion one from Aldi last year for £250 very pleased with it. I would guess they'll do them again in the next month or two (they get them in about every 6 months) and wouldn't be surprised to see the price drop by £20-50 depending on the model. If you're not convinced by yours after a week or two I'd take it back and hold out for the Aldi/Medion one.

My main reason for buying and suggesting this one was the 3 year waranty if yours has the same then I wouldn't worry too much as in 3 years a £100 phone will probably have better sat nav than today's units.

Plasmababby, when you say upgraded how do you mean? Can't see it on the website.

Hi realitybites,
I think that the sd card is 256Mb instead of 128Mb.

Also the PDA software is Windows Mobile 2003 but I'm certainly no expert on these matters so could be wrong.

Bassbin - it does have a 3 year international warranty and seems to be identical to my mate's Medion he had from Aldi for which he paid £299.99.

The Lidl price of £199.99 is a price reduction of £50. It does not appear to be on their website and may have been on offer because the store re-opened on Thursday after being close for two days for re-furbishment or it may be a local offer.

Thanks for all your comments and interest.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom