fake police virus

lfc 1304

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, my computer has been infected with a virus similar to this :

How to Remove Strathclyde Police Ukash Virus, Get Rid of Strathclyde Police Ukash Fake Alert Manually - Tee Support Blog

The problem is when i boot in safe mode it will not boot if that makes sense, the screen says safe mode yet is just black , then the computer restarts itself again.

How do I get rid of this? i have ubuntu and could wipe the hard drive but i would like to keep my documents and photos, would a computer shop be able to restore my desktop?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Update I have created a new user and now can user my laptop However the steps I followed tells me i need anti spyware to get rid of the virus, does anyone know a good free anti virus?

Last edited:
Malwarebytes and superantispyware. Run them both.

Just make sure you manage to get rid of it all so not to put your personal data at risk.

Avg shifted it when I cleared an infection for someone.....

AVG, Malwarebytes and Superantispyware on Ubuntu???

Didn't think. Good point though.

Just manually delete the files out or get a hirens disk if you have alternate internet access.

You can mount the database to clean out the registry then work your way through deleting the associated files. You can get software to mount the database from boot also.

kaspasskey do a rescue disk which is a linux live cd with a virus scanner. Burn to a cd on another pc boot into it and run the virus removal you can then boot into windows normally and download malwarebytes to scan your system.

Worked a treat on computers that I have had to deal with that have had this virus.

https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk

I have an easier method.

My fathers friend had this and I sorted it. All you need to do is from boot up into command prompt and start system restore using the correct command (Google it). Obviously you can't restore via windows as you can't get into it. This works 100%

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom