1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fake or real?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by pizzed-monkey, Aug 13, 2002.

1. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    ....er....batteries that is.

I want to get some new batteries for my Panasonic Hotdog (AKA mx350), does anyone have any recomendations as to the best place to get them online?

I've come up with a few sites from google but I dont know which no name chaps to trust, I mean are they going to be the same as buying your AA's from the bloke on the market who smells funny........

......cheap would be good though!........

.....and is there any real difference in getting Panasonic or "panasonic type" any way?

thanks kindly!

pizzed-monkey

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi pizzed-monkey
    > .....and is there any real difference in getting Panasonic or "panasonic type" any way?

Probably not but please make sure the supplier and battery manufacturer are reputable.
    I bought lead acid from Camera world made by Micro Power Batterys ,I think that name s right, for about $10.00 USD less than Panny originals and they out performed the originals 20% to 30% . On the other hand I bought the same type of battery from Radio Shack an got terrible usage in time of use per charge to total life. This is not a condemnation of all Shack products as most are excellent. Buyer Beware!

Where ever you buy your battery make sure they are the same type don't mix Lithium-Ion, Lead Acid etc. even if they fit. The voltage and amperage rates can very greatly.
    Drafter