Fake memory card refund

willsy2

After reading a post on here regarding fake memory cards, i checked one i'd just bought on ebay, and discovered it was a fake.
I contacted the seller who's now refunded my Paypal account, and i'm about to send back the memory card. Is there a certain amunt of time within which the seller can withdraw the refund, as i'm sure i'd read somwhere about this happening. Any advice appreciated.

MattZani

Banned
if you accepted the paypal payment, then i don't think they can take the money away from you again, if he can, hope you didn't pay too much :(

willsy2

The payment is shown as completed, so i think it should be OK. The cost wasn't too much, but enough to make sure i got it back. I realise now that the genuine cards are a lot more expensive.
Thanks for replying. :thumbsup:

M

Mickey G

I bought a 4gig card for my psp via amazon. It was half the price at around £26. I'm a little concerned about it's reliability as I have had a few problems saving games and loading games. It looks genuine. How does one tell if its fake?

I would be surprised if amazon was letting people sell fake card via their web site.

Having said all that, a friend has a fake card and he says he's had no problems.

DPT1976

Novice Member
I bought a 4gig card for my psp via amazon. It was half the price at around £26. I'm a little concerned about it's reliability as I have had a few problems saving games and loading games. It looks genuine. How does one tell if its fake?

I would be surprised if amazon was letting people sell fake card via their web site.

Having said all that, a friend has a fake card and he says he's had no problems.

TBH its quite possible you will be getting fakes from Amazon as well. There is a lot of used cards on there which could of come from anywhere.

Was the card new and did it come with packaging?

M

Mickey G

TBH its quite possible you will be getting fakes from Amazon as well. There is a lot of used cards on there which could of come from anywhere.

Was the card new and did it come with packaging?

Yes it was new and the packaging looked proper. I wonder if it's worth checking with sandisk. The card came with a piece of paper saying it has a 5 year warrenty.

DPT1976

Novice Member
Yes it was new and the packaging looked proper. I wonder if it's worth checking with sandisk. The card came with a piece of paper saying it has a 5 year warrenty.

If i were you then i would get in touch with Sandisk as it seems likely your memory card is real if it came packaged.

willsy2

Mine was packaged.
There's an ebay guide Here Edit -oo:blush: ps just noticed that's for Sony one's :blush:
Plus there's a way to tell from the PSP menu from another post
Easiest way to tell if your card is a fake is go to to photo on the dashboard, once there hit triangle and go to information. If magicgate says unknown is a fake.

M

Mickey G

I put both my cards into my laptop and checked the make. Both turned out to be not sandisk.

They were both very cheap so as long keep working I'm happy. They're probably much slower than the original but this is also not a problem.

lovelldr

I put both my cards into my laptop and checked the make. Both turned out to be not sandisk.

They were both very cheap so as long keep working I'm happy. They're probably much slower than the original but this is also not a problem.
which prog did you use to check it from the laptop?

I bought a 4gb Sandisk from ebay a couple of months ago, I was under no illusions that it was a fake but I thought, as long as it works.....

However, when I tried running a CSO of TRD3 it just stuttered & was unplayable, I bought a genuine Sandisk in the end!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom