Fairground

Tobers

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Here's mine for this month. Titled "Fairground". Click the pic for exif.

Taken 9th Sept 20:35
Canon 30D
0.3sec
f6.3
ISO 100
Sigma 10-20 at 10mm
Cropped in Lightroom

This was at a fairground down the road from me. In manual mode, metered the sky to make it black (it was still a bit blue/red following sunset). Slowish shutter speed used to get the motion, but also managed to freeze the people going round using advanced lighting techniques :smashin:. Handheld. Got chatting with the ride operators beforehand so they didn't think I was a paedo. I gave them a few prints of the shots I took and they were well happy.

Tobers

That's really cool Tobers, like it alot. What were your "advanced lighting techniques"?

The ride had a strobe light running :thumbsup:. Some other rides did as well and I got some cool effects that I'll put up in the "not valid" thread.

Very nice shot Tobers.

Beautiful colours and great effect.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: very nice :thumbsup:

'tis good. Understanding Exposure has taught you well young Padwan!

Love the colours and the ghostly images inside the ride... never liked these kind of rides myself, far too vomit inducing.

Great job Tobers as always :thumbsup:

Can almost "feel" the speed of that ride just looking at it.

Like the way the people on the ride have been captured as well. :smashin:

Great shot Tobers. I really like the way you've framed the shot and the lighting is a bit special too.

A strong contender me thinks

Very good Tobers....then again i wouldnt expect anything less from you :D

Great photo...captured really well.

...lighting is spot on

....colour (pink) is fantastic

and i too love the way you have caputured the people on the ride...

Like it....:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the positive comments. I chose this one because of the energy and colour. It's a bit different from my usual pics. Fairgrounds are very good places for pics with lots of opportunities, but make sure you chat to the guys running the rides beforehand and offer some prints to keep them sweet.

Yep - I like this one too. I like the way you've composed this, cropping out part of the ride - makes it more dynamic somehow.

That strobe has worked a treat...It would be a beautiful coloured mess without those peeps ...makes the pic for me... I wanna try these fair shots now

nice:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom