1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fair Play to Jessops

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by stevegreen, Jun 21, 2004.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Bought a Canon Powershot A80 a week or so ago. I had it on 9 months interest free and essentially walked out of the store without paying a penny.

When i realised that they do price matching I went in after searching for a cheaper price and they said they would honour it, despite me forgetting my paperwork, I was asked to return with the documentation as soon as.

Went in today with all the relevent stuff and realised that they themselves had reduced the price further, ie less than my pricematch price........after mentioning this they agreed to pricematch against themselves even though they had only just reduced the price.

I saved myself over £50 :clap:

Service was slow, but we got there in the end and i'm a happy chap!

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    it's nice when something like that happens. :thumbsup: makes up for all the other times almost.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,364
    Moved from General Chat

I think it is more appropriate here.

[Move by Garrett]

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I've never been that cheeky, but have had a few things pricematched off the internet at Jessops.
    I always recommend people trying the pricematch they offer, but this does tend to be at the managers discretion, so if turned down in one shop just try another. It's always worked for me and once when I was walking out without spending any money they quickly changed their mind and did pricematch just to get a sale.

So its a definate :thumbsup: for Jessops from me.

Mark.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I got nearly £200 off a TRV33 when they were a brand new model. my wife got a substantial amount off a digital stills camera and much to Jessops anoyance 2 Memory Sticks to go with it

6. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Good heads up, thanks. I'm after a Nikon D70. Would be great if they'd match some internet prices - any idea which internet sites they will price match? (as some for the Nikon D70 are Hong Kong etc)

7. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    They do match internet prices, all you need to do is supply a print off of the page with the price and their phone number, they will check it out in-store (availability etc) and then match it :smashin: I would guess they would only match UK sites though, not sure.

8. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,032
    I have a lot of respect for Jessops. Unlike cerain other high st tech-retailers I could mention, they generally appear to have some knowledge of their product range and are very competitive on price.

They are more open to after-sales activities, too. Some years ago I misplaced a remote control for a video camcorder. Dixon$ (which is where it was bought) were wholly unwilling to assist in sourcing a replacement. Jessops, on the other hand, specially ordered one for me.

9. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pricematch is guranteed against anywhere on the high street, and is attempted on internet prices not guaranteed. More often than not they will match it, make sure it is UK based so no pixmania, and 7dayshop can pretty much be avoided too, otherwise it is well worthwhile taking in some prices off the net as everyone prefers to buy from a dealer!

10. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Empire Direct are a good source for price matching

Jessops service is excellent and has been as long as I have used them!

11. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I'd like to add my penny's worth to this,and say that Jessops price matched Comet's internet price of £268 on an Olympus 765 for me the other day,and all done with a couple of phone calls.

Excellent service and advice thrown in.

As above,Pixmania not accepted as french based company,but I'm not too happy buying gear off non-UK net suppliers anyway in case anything goes wrong.