Faint vertical lines on t.v

dazgwinn

Established Member
Reaction score
Got faint vertical lines running throughout on two tellies set up on a distributed system. Does this sound like the cable somewhere is picking up interference via a power source? Whole system has been checked thru step by step without finding anything else, Cheers Dazgwinn

bit of an information overload there, but i guess the most important question would be, WHAT SOURCE???

bit of an information overload there, but i guess the most important question would be, WHAT SOURCE???

Ha Ha,

Your answer could be closer than you think.

How far are these points from the main amp, it could be signal overload at these tv's whilst the other tv's are further away hence not having a problem.

Sorry guy's, i meant an electrical power socket and cable

Also they are probabley about 20 feet away from the distribution point that is in an attic, both t.v's are affected, this now is the only thing that i can think is causing the problem as the t.v aerial point is within a foot of a mains socket

So it is not signal overload at the TV's, How close to the amp is the aerial?

It is rare to have power interference on a system nowadays as modern coax cable is so well screened. TV Aerial points can be mounted next to power without any problems.

Cheers Vex, it's about twenty foot away, i've eliminated all equipment so i'm really scratching about for something and this is all that i can think of. It's affecting different models of t.v but appeared worse on a 100htz Panny, which i think is down to the faster refresh rate. Ta dazgwinn

My only thought is that it could be a bad earth somewhere on the system or a earth potential difference between some equipment.

Also standard UHF signals will not look very good on a large plasma or LCD screen, out of interest what are you distributing?

it's just a freeview set up , although the problem shows itself thru all shown programmes on the t.v, what about damaged cable?, could that be the cause?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom