Faint horizontal "ghost lines" on Bravia X93J

KennyO

Novice Member
Reaction score
Bought this tv ( Bravia X93J) four days ago and noticed yesterday that no matter what the input is there are these weird faint horizontal ghost lines? when there is grayish background and bright object on top of it. I was just wondering if this is normal for the panel type or is it a defect? These lines are not static. For example in the settings lines move with the white box thing that highlights your selection. In settings it's not as easy to see as it is on Switch home menu with dark theme. I think it's because the color of settings page is not as dark. Just want to make sure if it is defect or not.

Should probably say that it's not so obvious in actual content like when watching tv or playing games. But you can still see these lines if you watch really closely, but it only happens when there is white color on top of grayish background. And it only seems to apply on straight lines and squares for some reason.
First picture is from Switch settings screen and the second one is from settings page of the tv.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: seems to happen also on blue background, but there has to be high contrast difference with the background and the image on top of it. I tried it with my computer and those faint lines where visible when I had white window open on top of blue or grayish background. It draws those lines from the white window to both borders of the screen. If I remember correctly this was "issue" with plasma, but I have no idea if it is normal with lcd as this is my first new tv in 15 years.

Edit2: added third picture from system information page. Lines come from some white text. It's not as obvious as it is in the picture. You have to go pretty close to see those lines in real life.

Edit3: I'm really sorry for double post! While I was editing this one it just disappeared and I thought I deleted it and I made another one. Any mod can remove either one.

IMG_20221126_225011.jpg
IMG_20221126_225714.jpg
IMG_20221128_115333.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom