Failed Windows Updates

Giraffe76

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive checked my windows updates history and found a dozen updates that failed and have never been installed.

Is this a serious problem and How do i get these updates installed?

Kind regards Mark.

Mark,

Just check what they are, and if you think you need them I think you can force update them.

I would not worry if everything is working fine.

Im using MSE and the reason why i looked at the history is because when im trying to install any updates im getting an error message and have to either run the updates manually through the program itself or use my wifes profile to install them.

The updates that have failed are mostly for MSE but there is a few that are for windows.

How do i force them to update?

Maybe a bit late for this but turn off auto-updates for Windows and then go to the MS Windows Updates web page.

Once it has scanned your computer select the Custom install. You'll probably see the missing updates are there as High Priority but they may be Optional ones you'll have to choose to install. Simply add them to any that are showm as High Priority and install.

If you have any problems, this could take some time, try installing each one separately, in date order, rebooting the computer between each. It may just be a particular one that is causing the updates to fail.

I always had problems with Windows auto-updates when using dial-up as anything of significant size slowed the computer down to an unusable speed for whole sessions. I also had on one occasion what I'm fairly sure was a conflict with my AV auto-updating too which resulted in the AV crashing completely and having to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

Personally even now, on broadband, I keep all automatic updates for everything off except my AV and update everything else on a weekly and monthly basis when it suits me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom