Failed to create game!

saltyworm

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys, ive got a bit of problem.

right ive got to the pod bit in the game, then i choose the play button?! but then all i keep getting is failed to create game :thumbsdow

anyone got any ideas why?! ive deleted the game and re-downloaded it again but still the same :(

This was on another thread:

Originally Posted by Nasri17
hi guys i just downloaded the beta today but when i select the first stage(gardens i think) i get ?failed to create game?

The beta requires a DNS redirection (game does this automatically) and uses random ports between 60000 and 65000 for connections.

I need to open my firewall right up when the game starts up.

The full game apparently wont do this....

This was on another thread:

Originally Posted by Nasri17
hi guys i just downloaded the beta today but when i select the first stage(gardens i think) i get ?failed to create game?

The beta requires a DNS redirection (game does this automatically) and uses random ports between 60000 and 65000 for connections.

I need to open my firewall right up when the game starts up.

The full game apparently wont do this....

so what do i need to do :D

so what do i need to do :D
Don't know, just hunted down the info for you! :rotfl:
I reckon you'll need to change some settings in your router, but never needing to do that on mine I can't really say more. Need an IT savvy member to shed some light for you mate. :lease:

Don't know, just hunted down the info for you! :rotfl:
I reckon you'll need to change some settings in your router, but never needing to do that on mine I can't really say more. Need an IT savvy member to shed some light for you mate. :lease:

:thumbsup: thanks anyway mate..

Since the ports being opened are dynamic, enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router. If this option is unavailable or already on, try updating the firmware to the latest version.

If that doesn't work, you will need to "port forward"...come back if that is the case :)

I get the same problem, personally I just turn off my firewall on my router (Windows Server 2003 running NAT) at the point of booting the game until it gets to the pod.

The game uses random ports between 6000 and 65000 (Note to devs: fix your port numbers)

If you have a normal router (rather than a computer doing the routing) you need to make sure the PS3 doesnt have any of its ports blocked, even ports that you would normally not be used as LBP uses (or used) DNS redirection. So what kit are you using?

Last edited:
thanks for the helps guys.. think im gonna give up on this :thumbsdow at least i know what was wrong tho.. :thumbsup:

I have this problem too.. The first level started with no problems, but the 2nd just sat there and after 30-60seconds reported "Failed to Create Game".

I am surprised that this is a port issue, as my PS3 sits in my DMZ on my router.. To be honest, my router doesn't actually have a 'DMZ' feature, but its got a "Default Router" address which is the same.. To prove this, I have NO ports open at all on the router, but all games work fine..

I may enable uPnP for the duration of the Beta (I turned it off because of performance issues), but I would prefer to work out whats actually wrong.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this?

I had this too last night, just restarted the game and I was back in business. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom