Failed sky HD recordings after upgrading sky+ to sky HD box

diggler46

Established Member
Reaction score
Droped my package to only have the sky+ functionality a few weeks back (£10 a month).

Installed a new sky HD box (drx890) yesterday and it will record bbc one HD, but fails on channel 5 HD and ITV HD saying a subscription is required. Do you need a subscription to record these channels? I presumed if you we're paying for sky+ you would be able to record these channels (I can watch them by the way).

Thanks in advance

Droped my package to only have the sky+ functionality a few weeks back (£10 a month).

Installed a new sky HD box (drx890) yesterday and it will record bbc one HD, but fails on channel 5 HD and ITV HD saying a subscription is required. Do you need a subscription to record these channels? I presumed if you we're paying for sky+ you would be able to record these channels (I can watch them by the way).

Thanks in advance

Have you phoned Sky to pair the card with the new box - definitely required to record any encrypted channels (but not needed to view them - should also apply to 5*, 5 USA and Motors TV amongst others at present)?

They'll need the version and serial number from system details.

Interesting to have confirmation that they still do the payment for Sky+ only.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom