Failed Sky+ Box

mad murph

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a multiroom subscription and the second box (sky+) has failed well outside of the 12 months. I dont have the extra warrtanty so was wondering if i pay the call out fee (is it still £65?) would i more than likely get a refurbished sky+ box or would it be a HD box?

Thanks

I would personally just buy a new box. If you pay the call out fee and still need a new box your looking at call out charge + cost of a new box

I would personally just buy a new box. If you pay the call out fee and still need a new box your looking at call out charge + cost of a new box

No! The call out fee includes everything required to get the customer working again.

Really? I'm sick of sky everytime I ring I get a different answer. When my box went dead last year thats what they told me. Rang twice this week about another multi subscription first they told me they don't do sky+ boxes anymore, second time they said I can have one but would have to pay £60 for install even though I already had 2 spare feeds, cabled and ready to be used.

Blatant plagiarism:

"For the callout, the Sky "engineer" should repair/replace box, dish, LNB and/or cabling that requires it. When he leaves, you should have a working Sky+ box with two working cables connecting it to LNB, allowing you to watch one channel whilst recording another, or recording two channels at the same time. "

"They don't do Sky+ boxes anymore" - True. They only supply Sky HD boxes.

:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom