failed reordings when tv is on standby

Braddison

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

my sky tb box is connected to my tv via HDMI with the rf2 output feeding my bedroom tv with magic eye, my problems are....
When main tv in lounge is on standby all scheduled recordings fail and the feed to my bedroom the picture is frozen (as if it was live paused).
everything works fine when the main tv is on but obviously i cant keep the tv on all the time.

anyone got any suggestions?

i have replaced the dish,octo lnb and al cabling with sky approved ct63, also changed HDMI lead .this is also my 3rd tb box version 4f3154 .

thanks in advance

Disconnect Sky box from main TV when main TV not switched on - that should stop it from buggering up your Sky box if its not even connected to it.

yeah ive done that in the past and it works, just a pain having to do that all the time.thanks

hoping to find a more permanent solution tho

What is a "sky tb box"? Whether the TV is on or not shouldn't affect anything that's connected to it!

SKY tb box = a sky stb with a 1terrabyte hard drive.

Yeah I know it shouldn't affect anything but I am having these issues

I guess that's the Amstrad aka Sky PVR with 1.5tB drive, and they're only a year or so old so it shouldn't be giving you any problems.
What happened to the other two before this one?

Who makes your TV? Rather than putting the TV into standby can you turn it off fully with a power switch and see if that helps?

What brand and model of TV?

Is HDMI the only connection between the Sky box and TV?

You haven't got a Freesat tuner on the TV and split the satellite cable have you?

yep u guessed correct a drx 890. technically it is a 1.5tb stb (set top box) but as you know only 1tb is available for personal storage.
the other two boxes had faults such like....internal modem and the other stuck on standby. i believe this box is about 8mth old as its a version 5.

at the moment reverting to an old BAIRD tv as the ex still has ransom of my samsung d7000.
guess ill just put t down to an hdmi handshake issue with that particular tv

You can soon find out if the problem IS due to the HDMI by connecting it another way instead!
Try it and let us know what happens.

It's definitely the hdmi connection that's causing problems even in all hdmi ports. No issues at all when using Scart but that defeats the purpose of having the hd package

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom