Failed recordings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Faust, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +761
    I have had a number of failed recordings of late both on my EX78 and Sky+ and the culprit in every case is the BBC. The latest cock up was last night "not going out" BBC 9.30pm. I noticed the recording pause light start to flash around 9.28 in readiness for the recording to start. When I looked again at 9.50 the light was still flashing. Obviously despite the fact that I have it set for series recordings the beeb had not sent the signal. The wife has complained the exact same thing had happened on her Sky+ box. Why can't the BBC get this recording signal sorted?

When I tried to access the EX78 at 9.50 I was denied access as it warned a recording was in progress - I wish! :confused:

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
  3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,097
    Can you explain what kind of access you were refused?
    This should not happen.

You should still be able to access the timer section using the 'prog check' button ... and change the parameters / cancel it / record manually / programme manually etc.

4. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +761
    I was pressing the guide button not the prog check button. I think it said timed recording in progress no access or something - though no timed programme was in progress just the flashing pause light for 20 mins.

As I said it failed on Sky+ as well so it's obviously a BBC cock up. I have had any number of them of late and always BBC. I think the last one was a series link Money Programme special with Evan Davies, first one recorded second one didn't and third one recorded OK. I had to watch the second in the three part series on iPlayer.

5. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    the programme is repeated this evening ( monday ) at 2200 on bbc2 for anyone who missed it for any reason