My failed recordings started the middle of last week and i immediately hit the forums to find out how to fix it. The popular solution was to do 'housekeeping' through the secret menu, several people seemed to have success through this, so i set about doing this. still failed recordings So i tried the second 'fix' of redownloading the firmware for the box. Hmm, still failed recordings Now i've been doing some decorating in the living room and my sky+ box is in a glass fronted TV stand but i thought there could possibly be some dust in there? (i know, clutching a straws at this point) So i opened it up, checked the connections to the hard drive (some people mentioned it could be the HDD packing up) Everything was fine, but it was still failing to record It was at this point that i noticed that it was having 'no satallite signal received' on several channel, but not all...hmmm It finally occured to my to check the satallite input wires, as i unscrewed one, it came out fine, however the other was on quite tight. Upon removing it i did'nt notice anything at first but when i came to put it back on i saw that the copper wire in the middle had snapped off into the input hole. Now with some pliers i carefully removed it and went about recutting the satellite wire and screwing back on the connector. Well that fixed it, I don't get any 'no satellite signal' messages anymore and all my programmes record fine... Hope this tale is of use to anyone visiting forums about the matter of failed recordings i.e. don't buy a new HDD or do the housekeeping (which deletes your good recordings) before checking out your wiring!