Failed Recordings (SKY+)

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to work last night and set SKY+ to record four programs, the first on Sci-Fi and the remaining three on SKY1.

When I got home I checked the recordings and the Sci-Fi had worked but the three SKY1 had all failed with NoSignal.
The signal quality/strength for the second input was excellent.
As an experiment I told SKY+ to record three more programs that morning, the first on SKY1, the second on Paramount and the third on Sci-Fi. The SKY1 recording failed with NoSignal, the Paramount and Sci-Fi recorded fine.

So, anybody have any ideas why it seems only SKY1 seems to be affected? Also, does anyone know what other channels broadcast on SKY1's transponder?

As a little sidebar, anyone aware of anything unusual about Thursday AM in relation to SKY's digital transmissions?
This is the third instance of failure at this time of the week since 25/10.

Cheers:)

It's been a Thursday again and I lost 7 recordings the first with "No Signal" the rest "Unknown".
Hopefully get in touch with "Richard" (SKY CS) again on the number he game me and try to shed some light on the matter.

Starburst,

I was having a similar problem with failed recordings (sometimes unreliable). Forcing a software update seems to have done the trick.

Occasionally my box will lock-up when changing channel (if also recording at the same time). Reboot required which then loses the recording that was in progress. Annoying!

kaspj.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom