1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed recordings & loss of hard disk space

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by paraboy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. paraboy

paraboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sympathy for all you guys out there that are having these problems, I too are experiencing the same with my 7 months old sky+ box.

Had the same old storiesfrom sky saying it is a software problem, got a sky rep last night on the phone who told me to do the usual housekeeping bit but very reluctant to lose my recordings ( bring back the vhs videos ).

Any thoughts gratefully recieved on remedies for this annoying problem. Great forums by the way plenty of info.

Cheers the noo :hiya:

2. Clabs

Clabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You could try forcing a software update to see if that sorts your problem out. To force an update, unplug the box from the mains, and then press and keep holding the backup button on the box whilst plugging it back in again. After a few seconds you should be greeted with a screen talling you that a download is in progress and the box should restart and that's that. This shouldn't affect your previously recorded programmes.

Probably worth a try.

Cheers, Clabs

3. paraboy

paraboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, I have already tried what you suggested several times and this time resorted to doing a full restore, whether that solves my failed recordings who knows, all was not lost I at least have all my HDD space restored at a cost losing all my recordings, beginning to think SKY + is a waste of good cash.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If the box is 7 months old get them to come out and fix it under warranty !