Failed recordings all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Blu Ray, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Having had a V1 box performing well for a couple of years, I am now disturbed to find it is now failing (unknown reason) on many recordings. :rolleyes: They can be series links or not, no pattern. Is this indicative of the box dying? Or will a reset/housekeeping sort it? I have not upgraded the drive or anything, although I was thinking about it.

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've had this recently too and a full reset seems to have cured the prob.

Watch everything that you have recorded first mind as you'll lose it all (and make a note of all those series links as these go too)

I did notice that even with nothing on the box it said 82% free and not 100% - this too was sorted with a full reset.

3. LG Man

LG Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem recently and I found that one of the two cables was damaged and i could watch sky but would not record due to only one cable was ok.
    Hope that helps

4. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    There is a function now available that allows you to defrag the hard drive without losing your programmes. You need to go into the Installer menu (Services 4 0 1 Select) and then select Sky + Planner Rebuild option. You can't do it while recording but it won't delete any progs already recording or series links. Tried it in July when it was released and got back about 10%.

5. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks guys, I'll have a mega catch up session tonight :zonked: Will do a reset the next day or so.