• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Failed rec - 'upgrade'

Barrovian

Just got up to a failed recording. The reason given is 'upgrade'. :confused:
I've not seen that before. I didn't get chance to check the details on the system page as I was in a bit of a rush. Any ideas? I was hoping it was going to be the new EPG, but it's still the same as far as I can see.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
The box is now on EPG 5.10.k HD.

I lost The Colbert Report due to this, they always used to do the upgrades at 3/4am, 12am is a stupid time to do them as it is a reasonably popular time for recordings.

I'm thinking it is a pre-requisite to the new EPG.

wbabbington

Lost a recording and had 'no signal recieved' when turned it on this morning, which required an unplug to get going again. Not happy about no warning of the earlier start time of the upgrade.

barnsleykeith

Got my part rec due to upgrade at 4:30am. I know this because I lost 20mins of a 2hr manual record of Atlantis on Sky 1 HD[ it was set for 2:50am-4:50am]

jwball

Wondered why the box was on the bizarre chameleon channel this morning.

Jaycee Dove

We had something seemingly record fine at 5.25 am and the box was on 998 this morning so I assume that means we got the update after 6 am otherwise it would have failed if it had happened earlier in the night.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom