• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Failed moving home install - now rescheduled for mid oct

fox1977

Standard Member
Hi folks,

I moved home this week and last week I called up to schedule a move on monday.

When they came out on Monday the engineers said there was only two cables coming into the property and they would be able to run the tv and internet into the property as they didnt not want to pull another cable through the ducting underground and break them all. After a call from the engineers supervisor they were instructed to pull the cable through. The cable was shredded due to a collapsed duct and they said they would have to come back. There was also some virgin construction work going on in the same place replacing the ducting and this was due to be completed on Monday night. They engineer said someone would contact me later on in the day but i never heard anything.

After several calls to numerous virgin staff on the moving home team they ahve told me that the installation is rescheduled to the 17th October. Initially they said this was just the default date and it would be brought forward. I have since spoken to the moving house team again and they said it is the 17th and they cannot bring it forward!!

I find it a bit silly that i can ring up and schedule a moving house appointment within a couple of days but a failed install cannot be registered sooner. I'm sure i could sign up as a new customer and get it installed quicker!

Anyone any tips on how i can resolve this issue. I have now moved out of the property into my new house and I am left without service. I am already sick of the shocking customer service and their failure to return calls. I am tempted to ring the cancellation department and go through the moving home team and explain why i want to cancel. I went through the correct channels yet I am stuck without service for three weeks!!

lee667

Distinguished Member
Hi folks,

I moved home this week and last week I called up to schedule a move on monday.

When they came out on Monday the engineers said there was only two cables coming into the property and they would be able to run the tv and internet into the property as they didnt not want to pull another cable through the ducting underground and break them all. After a call from the engineers supervisor they were instructed to pull the cable through. The cable was shredded due to a collapsed duct and they said they would have to come back. There was also some virgin construction work going on in the same place replacing the ducting and this was due to be completed on Monday night. They engineer said someone would contact me later on in the day but i never heard anything.

After several calls to numerous virgin staff on the moving home team they ahve told me that the installation is rescheduled to the 17th October. Initially they said this was just the default date and it would be brought forward. I have since spoken to the moving house team again and they said it is the 17th and they cannot bring it forward!!

I find it a bit silly that i can ring up and schedule a moving house appointment within a couple of days but a failed install cannot be registered sooner. I'm sure i could sign up as a new customer and get it installed quicker!

Anyone any tips on how i can resolve this issue. I have now moved out of the property into my new house and I am left without service. I am already sick of the shocking customer service and their failure to return calls. I am tempted to ring the cancellation department and go through the moving home team and explain why i want to cancel. I went through the correct channels yet I am stuck without service for three weeks!!

You could try retentions although 2 weeks seems to be the norm at the moment for installs

fox1977

Standard Member
hi folks,

I called up yesterday to speak to the cancellations department and went to the moving home part. I said i wanted to cancel as the install was taking so long. They managed to rearrange it to next Tuesday. At least it is not that far off!

To make matters worse I received my welcome pack this morning in the post!!

dante01

Distinguished Member
To make matters worse I received my welcome pack this morning in the post!!

Seal the envelope back up and post it back to yourself the day before the new installation date. A good idea to have it delivered by recorded delivery to ensure you get it ;)

Dorset Dave

Established Member
Cheaper and safer, in these strike ridden times, just to hold on to it until the installation has been done.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Cheaper and safer, in these strike ridden times, just to hold on to it until the installation has been done.

You could get a friend to hold onto it until the day before installation. Have them dress up as a mailman or woman to make it look authentic ;)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom