failed and clashed recordings - thoughts please

tmcg

Established Member
Reaction score
Box (Thompson) is now 17 months old, and other than occasional hanging issues have had no real problems.
This week I started to get clashed (when there weren't any) and failed recordings , issues started after had what sounded like hard disk running all night. Took 5 reboots to get the box to work and since then had the problems. Not on all recordings however - its never that simple.
Am I a victim of a software update or should I just blackmail Sky into a free engineer visit?

I would try a forced software download first to see it that worked, But your issue sounds iffy...
Try the above if no joy call SKY and lay it on heavy to get what you need.

Im sure you know but

Power down the box
press and hold BACKUP (Front panel)
Power up the box after 15 secs lights come on (Front panel)
Wait 10 mins or so

See waht happens

Hope it helps

Cheers:thumbsup:

Box (Thompson) is now 17 months old, and other than occasional hanging issues have had no real problems.
This week I started to get clashed (when there weren't any) and failed recordings , issues started after had what sounded like hard disk running all night. Took 5 reboots to get the box to work and since then had the problems. Not on all recordings however - its never that simple.
Am I a victim of a software update or should I just blackmail Sky into a free engineer visit?

I'm in the same position and experiencing the same issues.
I've switched off Anytime, since that causes uncalled for wear and tear.
I think the real problem is that Sky have sold the public a real cheap and sh*tty box at a rip-off price.

Just hang on until free-sat becomes a reality, then ditch Sky when the new, reliable hd-pvrs become available.

I had the same problem. Rung sky and it seemed that my card wasnt paired with that box, so they simply done a health check paired the card. Sorted! Maybe not same for you but id give it a go!

I have had this issue with Sky+ for years, clashes, missed recordings, or things that shouldn't record recording. It happens rarely, but when it does occurs frequently for a few days, and then goes away.

Around christmas I got several programmes set for reminder also recording, in the planner would be the programme with the green clock and series link, and underneath the same programme with the R record, and no series link.

I have no idea what causes it to happen.

I've had my box for about 18 months...seemed to be running well until last week when i got CLASHED and FAILED RECORDINGS i did a forced software update and since then (touch wood) it has been ok !

Thanks to you all, and esp to Chips - never had to do forced software download, so useful.
Incidentally, left it unplugged all night and works again......

Try setting your padding in the Sky + settings to 0 minutes before and after.

You will find loads of threads reporting clashing issues and recordings that do not play. It has been going on for months and this is the one workaround we have found that seems to help. Might , or might not, assist you. But it removes the need for two tuners at the overlap between recordings, which appears to be a key issue for some reason.

A bit of a mess but helps until Sky get around to fixing the problem!

I had this problem a while back. It was very evident during wet and windy weather and very annoying having to redo the planner.

A sky fitter found that the dish was a bit loose and tightened it all up. The dish is on a high chimney and secured with a strap.

I have not had another problem in 6 months!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom