1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fahrenheit 9/11 on Channel 4

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by smelly, Jan 30, 2005.

1. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140993&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Fahrenheit+9/11

Just seen this and I know there was a previous thread on this (above) but as it was a while ago and turned into quite a lengthy one I thought it probably better to post my views separately with the link if anyone wanted to read the original thread. :)

The film is certainly thought provoking and shocking in some places. I'm fully aware that Michael Moore has made the documentary from his viewpoint and that it can be considered biased, however regardless of your stand it does at least make you question, which most of the rest of the media coverage hasn't. I think it should have had an oscar nomination for best documentary - not because of what it said but because of the way it said it. An excellent show of how words, pictures and music can be put together to produce a thought provoking documentary (in my view :devil: )

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    No matter how bias his point of view I can see him not putting anything in that was not true.

I found the film very disturbing and the goings on reminded me of a fictional story about secret cabals, unfortunately this was fact and being perpetrated by the most powerful government on Earth. :rolleyes:

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I recorded this when it came on tv last week. Haven't had a chance to watch all of it, but watched the first half hour. Whilst so far it is very interesting, it does seem to be extremely biased and does not seem to give a balanced view imo. But as I said I've only seen 1/2 an hour...