Factory Reset

Rabt

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Tom Tom 910 which has had to have a new screen fitted, since its return to me the touch screen is not working and only works via the remote control. I have spoken to the repairer and they have told me to do a factory reset. Question is this the same as a reset with a paper clip or something else.If anyone can help it would be gladly received

Rabt

Hi

I presume a factory reset is different to a "paper clip" reset, as I think a factory reset would reset the whole system to the settings it came with when you first bought it, therefore you would lose everything you have added/updated.

Dont quote me on that because im not entirely sure but I presume thats what would happen.

On another note, I am awaiting delivery on my Tomtom 910. What are your opinions of it?

A lot of people are saying there are problems with the mount etc but what has your experience been like? (Obviously you have had some problems too)

Thanks

Hi
I found the 910 a first class piece of kit.The only problem I had was with the size ( a bit bulky)I took it to the USA and it performed excellentThe cracked screen happened in one of the parks prob on a ride ( my fault) but yes if you dont need to carry it in your pocket a very good Sat Nav. Try Dabs for best price

Rabt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom