Factory Reset

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Rabt, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Rabt

Rabt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Tom Tom 910 which has had to have a new screen fitted, since its return to me the touch screen is not working and only works via the remote control. I have spoken to the repairer and they have told me to do a factory reset. Question is this the same as a reset with a paper clip or something else.If anyone can help it would be gladly received

Rabt

2. Ferguson9

Ferguson9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi

I presume a factory reset is different to a "paper clip" reset, as I think a factory reset would reset the whole system to the settings it came with when you first bought it, therefore you would lose everything you have added/updated.

Dont quote me on that because im not entirely sure but I presume thats what would happen.

On another note, I am awaiting delivery on my Tomtom 910. What are your opinions of it?

A lot of people are saying there are problems with the mount etc but what has your experience been like? (Obviously you have had some problems too)

Thanks

3. Rabt

Rabt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I found the 910 a first class piece of kit.The only problem I had was with the size ( a bit bulky)I took it to the USA and it performed excellentThe cracked screen happened in one of the parks prob on a ride ( my fault) but yes if you dont need to carry it in your pocket a very good Sat Nav. Try Dabs for best price

Rabt