Question Factory Reset iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Forum' started by kah22, Feb 24, 2017.

1. kah22

kah22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i have an iPad mini, about 4 years old, and a iPhone 6S. One is connected to the other. As you can imagine after 4 years the iPad is slowing down and I'm thinking about doing a Factory Reset to see if that would help speed things up. Storage is given as 14.92 GB and Available 12.72 GB. I also have a Windows 10 computer

That said I have a number of concerns. The major one of course is I've never done this before. Is all I have to do is go to Settings - General - Resetting - Erase all content and settings? Is that the same as a factory reset?

The next concern is what happens. Will all the basic settings that came with the iPad reappear automatically? I'm thinking Mail, Safari, Camera, all the preloaded programs/apps etc.

All the information I need i.e. Emails contacts are on the iPhone. Will they automatically download back onto the iPad when my wifi is on

As you can see my knowledge is limited so any advice from a big DONT DO IT !!! or gently talk me through it

2. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    How are you backing your iPad up? You can use iCloud or backup to the PC. Personally I find iCloud easiest.

iCloud method: Make sure it's backed up by looking in the iCloud part of Settings. Do a full erase. When the iPad starts up and begins the setup process, it will ask if you want to restore. Just type in your Apple ID and off it goes.

It remembers pretty much everything. Apps will be downloaded again automatically after setup.