Fact checking Trump over Coronavirus statements and actions

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on the situation in America (having been there for half of March) and it seems like America is in real trouble because of Trump's incompetence and the nature of the way states are governed but are still reliant on the federal government.
This is an interesting video by a YouTuber I follow. Potholer54 is very good at fact checking other peoples's videos and citing his sources along the way (in his video descriptions), so his videos can also be fact checked.

By Peter Hadfield (journalist) - Wikipedia
Worth a watch, I think.

Such complete BS...

Not the video. Trump's bluster, he's an arrogant, dangerous, self-aggrandising, narcissistic, orange buffoon.

Also beg the ?

download.jpg

Guess we’ll soon see how much faith Trump’s acolytes really have in him, as between Spring Break and those who were still going to church it looks like the Bible Belt is about to get hit at least as hard as New York.

Gotta love trump, does a daily briefing and ends up turning it into a speech on illegal drug trafficking haha. Copied the below from the bbc:

US networks not airing White House briefing
Today's White House briefing has not featured updates from Drs Fauci or Birx, who have become the public faces of the administration's efforts to contain the virus. Instead the illegal narcotics trade has been the focus.
"For a long time we've had lots of drugs coming into our country," says Mr Trump.
"We want to see if we can stop a good percentage of the drugs coming into our country," Mr Trump says, arguing that the people who smuggle the drugs - who could be infected with Covid-19 - will also be kept from entering.
Meanwhile, most US networks are not airing this press briefing live, as the BBC's Anthony Zurcher points out.

Trump is already denying many of the things he said on record about the pandemic being, "a Chinese hoax", it being over-blown and all over in a couple of weeks etc. His supporters tend to believe everything he says, so come November I'm expecting it to all be Hillary's fault.

Whilst I agree about Trump and his obvious failings and personality issues, don't underestimate his ability to turn this into an election triumph. He is already claiming that more than 1m Americans would have died without his interventions.

This.

It doesn't matter what Trump does, or says. When you have followers like him then it doesn't matter. When your entire world view comes from Fox News and you believe everything they tell you as you don't have the intellectual capacity for anything else, then anything Trump says is the truth and any problems are not his fault. It's those pesky Dems.

Whilst I agree about Trump and his obvious failings and personality issues, don't underestimate his ability to turn this into an election triumph. He is already claiming that more than 1m Americans would have died without his interventions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he managed to convince voters that he's the leader who triumphed over the pandemic and saved the USA. I also wouldn't be surprised if half a million Americans die, many of them in the poor areas which turned out to vote for him last time, and voters give him the huge kicking he deserves.

God he loves to rip the UK apart.

Heard a frightening prediction yesterday. If the US doesn’t get a grip on the situation, it’s possible that there may be more deaths there from Coronavirus than the US army lost in World War II. Which, including those MIA, is about 407,000.

Heard a frightening prediction yesterday. If the US doesn’t get a grip on the situation, it’s possible that there may be more deaths there from Coronavirus than the US army lost in World War II. Which, including those MIA, is about 407,000.

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 13.40.29.png

apparently the US is stopping the export of testing kits citing "America First"

Numbers tested positive, I personally feel don't hold a lot of weight. America simply does the capacity to test. The numbers they'd test are of that we can only dream of at present.

Their death rate will be more telling of how they've mismanaged the situation.

I don't want to get into the huge conspiracy theory level terrirtory but I am surprised just how far and quickly the virus has spread around the US. It also makes me feel like maybe it did start there, if they have the highest number of cases and soon to have the most number of fatalities. *removes tin foil hat*.

But yeah, Trump did have a decent point in that I wouldn't take too seriously the number of people tested positive or not, given the US's tested capacity is excellent. Death rate however is alarming. But relavant to their population size (I think the US has like 350 million people and we have 67 million?), our death rates relavant to our population sizes do not make for favourable reading.

Maybe a good argument for Nuclear disarmament and spend the money on NHS
this virus is a great substitute for world wide chaos and destroying the world economy although I am sure Russia already has more potent viruses in their Biological arsenal
unfortunately a virus ignores borders so its still Mutually Assured Distruction
perhaps a debate for another thread

Last edited:
Maybe a good argument for Nuclear disarmament and spend the money on NHS
this virus is a great substitute for world wide chaos and destroying the world economy although I am sure Russia already has more potent viruses in there arsenal
unfortunately a virus ignores borders so its still Mutually Assured Distruction
perhaps a debate for another thread

Unless you shut your borders.

He'll be a regular on the couch next week.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom