Fact checking Trump over Coronavirus statements and actions

lee667

New quote from the trump-meister yesterday, courtesy of cnn:

The President on Tuesday declared that the world leading US case load, with more than 1.5 million infections and nearly 92,000 deaths, was actually a measure of success -- not failure of his own neglect.

"I view it as a badge of honor. Really, it's a badge of honor," Trump said. "It's a great tribute to the testing and all of the work that a lot of professionals have done."

Link to the article: Trump sows division and confusion as anxious country edges toward opening

kungfuman

i think the original predictions was 200k deaths worse case in the US, so if its going to be below that then he will spin it as a success and continue to blame WHO, china and obama.

Ono

Yes, the original deaths was from 100k to 200k. The million+ numbers were for doing absolutely nothing (lockdowns, no medic intervention).

I remember this as I got into a Youtube comments argument with a Trump supporter in early March when Trump was not doing any interventions on lockdowns and calling it the flu etc. I think I basically said that doing nothing would be a disaster - but then, that was what Trump was effectively aiming for.

Hard to believe given the current situation.

Har-One

The original death toll for a good work was 50K and when the number was reaching the goal the goal was pushed up. There is a video in youtube or one of the news channel that has all the goals.

Ono

The original death toll for a good work was 50K and when the number was reaching the goal the goal was pushed up. There is a video in youtube or one of the news channel that has all the goals.

1.5m-2.2m with no intervention. 100k-240k with intervention (taking into account not everyone will abide by rules).

Suffice to say, if Trump had actually led by example and mandated a proper lockdown like NYC, lives would have been saved.

realfrankturner

fat jez

Har-One

1.5m-2.2m with no intervention. 100k-240k with intervention (taking into account not everyone will abide by rules).

Suffice to say, if Trump had actually led by example and mandated a proper lockdown like NYC, lives would have been saved.
He was revising the figures as it went along. There is nice video where they have taken all these predictions through time, I saw it once but cannot find it. I could find this article on CNN. I think the video that you posted is his last ‘revised’ numbers.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
"Your body, Mr. President, actually makes insulin endogenously."

He continued that "people such as you and I, we make our own insulin. So yes we do utilize insulin, but we make it ourselves.”
He had to continue because he quickly realised the President had no idea what endogenously meant. :laugh:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I see Twitter put a fact check tag on a Trump post , yeah to little to late as Twitter has been the mouthpiece of this POTUS lies,misinformation and crackpot conspiracy theory along with innocent people and families caught up with this dipsh*ts posts .

Ban the fudger and then we can talk .

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Kellen Squire

@SquireForYou

According to the CDC, so far this year, Florida has had 1,762 deaths from #COVID and 5,185 from pneumonia. Average pneumonia deaths in Florida from 2013-2018 for the same time period are 918. Probably just a coincidence, yeah?

Seems some states may be using the Russia approach for figures . Wonder why ?

krish

Distinguished Member
Ban the fudger and then we can talk .
Since he's clearly violating Twitter's rules for which they're doing sweet FA, perhaps a lawsuit against Dorsey for enabling it would force them to take action?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt

Latest News

Marantz announces 8K ready SR series AV Receivers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ennio Morricone: Legendary film composer dies aged 91
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 5th July 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky comedy panel shows back to film new series
  • By Andy Bassett