Facial coverings

The only ones I've found that are good are the proper face fitting ones, with a valve and a wire for your nose bridge.

But we're not supposed to wear valved masks. Yet I'm seeing more people wearing face shields and masks that are open under the chin, which has the same effect.

You mean the masks that actually work? ;) lol

Surgical face masks have initially always been used just to stop blood splash. I have very little faith in them given they hardly form any type of fit/seal around your mouth.

However at least the evidence is semi-reassuring as asian countries seem to use similar masks (albiet theres look far better quality and thicker).

I use a mask with a replaceable PM2.5 filter from Boots.
The no name disposable masks are a last resort.

If it flips up or down and makes a sound when it does it, I'm totally jealous.

If not.

Hulk Smash puny man of Iron.

Hulk.jpg

Note - May actually be Shrek.

But people are still doing this.

I'm also noticing a large increase in exemption neckbands: a month ago I never saw any.

Yellow and green they are. There's probably some place you can order one, no questions asked.

Cynical? Moi?

Friend of mine just got one. He has no disabilities or health conditions that require exemption. Just doesn't like wearing them, so he got both a neckband and a badge. So I don't believe most of the people wearing them actually have/need exemption, they just don't like wearing them.

Friend of mine just got one. He has no disabilities or health conditions that require exemption. Just doesn't like wearing them, so he got both a neckband and a badge. So I don't believe most of the people wearing them actually have/need exemption, they just don't like wearing them.

I would agree.

Even the exemption neckbands you could probably order some place no questions asked.

If that's legal then there is no need for all the anti mask protesters to protest, everyone dont ir want to wear a mask can just get an exemption badge/neckband.

Absolutely anyone that has a debit card or credit card can buy it. No proof of any disability or exemption certificate required.

Note - I'm not endorsing it or it's use. I'm just pointing out that absolutely anyone, with no proof whatsoever, can get an exemption card/lanyard/badge.

Last edited:
I cant see any ID, photo or anything so it looks very possible to clone.

There is a market out there.. all the anti mask protesters would be a target market.

Absolutely anyone that has a debit card or credit card can buy it. No proof of any disability or exemption certificate required.

Note - I'm not endorsing it or it's use. I'm just pointing out that absolutely anyone, with no proof whatsoever, can get an exemption card/lanyard/badge.

Thought as much.

Just went in Aldi though and got to the sweets aisle and realised I want wearing a mask.

I put one on from my pocket. Next to the Durex in case I see anyone I know

Very rare for me to forget but of course nobody challenges you. Especially at fifteen and a half stone.

So why am I buying sweets? Exactly. :rotfl:

55p a pop? If people are so desperate to catch COVID I'll only charge 50p to cough in their faces if / when I ever get it.

Yes, I know you wear them to protect others.

In the same way that I use hand sanitiser when I go into a place (supermarket etc.) that has it.

Anyone recommend ones that you can wear with glasses, bought loads but they are all rubbish?
I am actually exempt from wearing them but doing so stops the remarks and the dirty looks.

Anyone recommend ones that you can wear with glasses, bought loads but they are all rubbish?
I am actually exempt from wearing them but doing so stops the remarks and the dirty looks.

Do you have an exemption lanyard?

If you mean do I have an exemption card, yes I do?

Do you have a lanyard to wear it? That would stop the dirty looks.

I assumed you had an exemption card because you said you were exempt.

Do you have a lanyard to wear it? That would stop the dirty looks.
Yes and no it does not. It is just another lanyard that has a card attached much like the name cards some offices workers wear.
simpler just to wear a mask for the short time, about an hour or so, once a week that I use piblic transport and visit the supermarket.
I just want a couple of washable masks that i can wear with my glasses.

Amazing. It is the nose-pokers and people wearing them down over their chins that annoy me. Oh, then the cretins who think "What? I have to wear a mask AND keep two metres away? That is far too difficult I'm afraid. It'll have to be one OR the other".

If I see someone out without a mask I subconsciously check for a lanyard. They are those green ones with the sunflowers on right?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom