Facial coverings

Perhaps. But couldn't a government who in March wiped clean the NHS historical debt and seem to be able to print money aid at will, be able to fund our entire population for vaccines?

They already have.

There's 66 million people in the uk and they've signed contracts for 100's of millions of doses for a number of different vaccines.

Without even knowing if they'll work.

WHO statement on BBC site today.

1. WHO warns there might not be a 'silver bullet'
    The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said that there is a possibility that a ā€œsilver bulletā€ answer to defeating the virus might never happen.
    Director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual press conference: ā€œThere is no silver bullet at the moment and there might never beā€.
    It comes just days after the WHO warned that the pandemic was likely to be ā€œlengthyā€.
    A number of trials are taking place around the world to help try and find a vaccine to fight the virus.
    Last month, an Oxford University announced that its vaccine appeared safe and triggered an immune response. More than 10,000 people will take part in the next stage of the trial.

WHO statement on BBC site today.

1. WHO warns there might not be a 'silver bullet'
    The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said that there is a possibility that a ā€œsilver bulletā€ answer to defeating the virus might never happen.
    Director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual press conference: ā€œThere is no silver bullet at the moment and there might never beā€.
    It comes just days after the WHO warned that the pandemic was likely to be ā€œlengthyā€.
    A number of trials are taking place around the world to help try and find a vaccine to fight the virus.
    Last month, an Oxford University announced that its vaccine appeared safe and triggered an immune response. More than 10,000 people will take part in the next stage of the trial.

Bunch of clowns at WHO. They've flip-flopped more than a tropical beach. And with dodgy funding to boot.

IMG-20200803-125849.jpg

British social distancing at it;s finest. Twenty or more sat tight next each other under the red parasol. How many masks can we see?

The other thing about wearing masks which doesn't seem to get a mention now, unless the WHO have changed tack again. I thought that it was only coughing/spluttering/sneezing that would spread particles from an infected person. So, if you are sitting a couple of feet away from someone and just talking (not shouting), then there isn't a problem so the masks are largely irrelevant in that situation.

The other thing about wearing masks which doesn't seem to get a mention now, unless the WHO have changed tack again. I thought that it was only coughing/spluttering/sneezing that would spread particles from an infected person. So, if you are sitting a couple of feet away from someone and just talking (not shouting), then there isn't a problem so the masks are largely irrelevant in that situation.
I think large this is incorrect information. Face masks reduce the vapour that is release thought the mouth and nose. Indoors regardless of face masks the risk is only reduced of catching Covid when sat 2m away. Outside things are much better and 2m maybe all you need to do.

Obviously I'm against the mask mandate, and in a minority. But if they mandated that masks must be worn at all times outside of your home, indoors and out, would anyone jump to my side of the fence and say that it's a step too far?

I wonder if the fact that people will be constantly touching and rearranging their masks (I know I do even though I try hard not to fiddle) will be an issue with contamination.

I wash the ones I have as I can't afford to continually buy fresh ones each time but I admit to wearing them and then shoving them in my bag til I need it again.

That's probably not helpful in protecting me or others :blush:

Mine stays in my pocket, I put it on when I go into a shop, put it back in my pocket when I come out.

I wonder if the fact that people will be constantly touching and rearranging their masks (I know I do even though I try hard not to fiddle) will be an issue with contamination.

I wash the ones I have as I can't afford to continually buy fresh ones each time but I admit to wearing them and then shoving them in my bag til I need it again.

I used to do that with condoms. :rotfl:

I think that's one of the issues why Holland have not made them mandatory.

I know I shouldn't, but I always reuse them. I have a box of those cheap and cheerful blue paper ones. I have only used 3 so far and just rotate them. Obviously if I sneeze into one, then I would dispose of it. I am basically just wearing them for show, and because the law dictates it.

I know I shouldn't, but I always reuse them. I have a box of those cheap and cheerful blue paper ones. I have only used 3 so far and just rotate them. Obviously if I sneeze into one, then I would dispose of it. I am basically just wearing them for show, and because the law dictates it.
A lot of it is all for show. At my gym we have to clean the equipment after using it, but everyone goes through the motions. There's no way it's achieving anything; probably actually putting us in more danger as the squeezy cleaning spray is a massive vector of disease because every person in the gym is touching it! But we all flail a bit of tissue around just to appease the rules.

He's looking for a musical link, possibly...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom