Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Facial blurring/solarisation on DLP's

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Picman, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Picman

Picman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Group, :)

I have done lots of research before deciding which DLP to buy and gathered lots of advice from these groups. I have seem most DLP's running HD and also crappy instore feeds, I've taken my laptop to several stores and compared the picture quality. All the sets in my opinion produce a great picture when using HD material and vary slightly with a dvd input.

BUT, as most of the time I will be using Sky+ I am concerned at the amount of posts complaining of facial blurring/solarisation (Eastenders etc..), do ALL DLP's suffer from this or are some better than others. I appreciate the quality of Sky broadcast and signal quality may have a bearing.

I am aware of the 'rainbow' problems and have viewed these myself although they don't really bother me that much.

So before I finally decide can anyone give me an indication of how bad this facial blurring actually is. :lease:

Many Thanks.

2. schnipps

schnipps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only noticed by me on eastenders/corrie and to a lesser extent emmerdale. I also get it on a few other channels like e4 and paramount comedy. On the whole though you get used to it, i honestly dont really notice it anymore. I have the tosh

3. Picman

Picman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Schnipps,

I made the bold desision to just buy it and guess what...it arrives tomorrow, due to a cancelled order i got next day delivery. I've got the day off to set it up and have a little play so i'll find out myself how bad it is.

4. mort

mort
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    congrats on your purchase picman :clap:
    youll need the day off to fiddle with all the settings lol
    im sure once you have it set up right you wont regret your buy :hiya: