1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

faces/gore of death dvds

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by coolhand101, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it seems like faces of death R2 is out in the uk next month.
    no doubt it be cut to bits
    does anyone own the R1 boxset containing the 4 films also if there are any more versions.

also how many of these "gore" dvds are out and does anyone own these?

thanks

2. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its seems like faces of gore is also in a boxset(1-5) 95 pounds but cant seem to know and find how many traces of death are out there.
    i know there were a few good horror un-cut sites but cant seem to find them anywhere.

if anyone knows were to get gore and traces(or cheaper) could they let us know!

thanks again

ps i know these films are docs and quite graphic but what am i really letting myself in for really???

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seeing real people dying and calling it a documentary hmmm, not my cuppa tea but to each their own.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Having watched the uncut Region 1 version of "Faces Of Death" about two years ago, I can truly say it's one of the most pathetic films/documentaries ever made.

If you think that what you are going to see, is footage of people dying, mutilating themselves and graphic scenes of gore and other similar carnage, then be prepared to be completely ripped-off! :laugh:

Almost all the footage included in the film, is FAKED! There are some scenes of real-life animal mutilation, but the BBFC has removed all of this, from the UK DVD/VHS versions, for obvious reasons.

The documentary, that you get with the film, is also a fake. What you do get, is a man dressed up in a fake doctor's/psychologist outfit, claiming to be Dr B. Gross! (I kid you not!) The thing is, he's wearing a mask or paper bag or something similar over his head, throughout the alleged interview/documentary, and you learn that basically the film was his way of trying to get everyone to realise that death is natural. Well, whoopy doo! :boring: :D

Don't bother wasting your money on this trash, as it gives real mondo/death movies like "Executions" a bad name! Trust me, it's quite possibly the most pathetic attempt to gross the viewers out, on its alleged graphic content!

Pooch

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +860
    Faces of Gore on the other hand doesn't contain faked material. It's all handled in a deeply offensive, jovial way... but the footage itself is real nasty stuff, real "rotten dot com" type things. No animal abuse on this one but plenty of car/bike accidents from the land of the rising sun.
    It truly is grim stuff. I've not seen the sequel as this one's plenty. The fact that it's real puts it streets ahead of the usual Faces of Death shows they parade around as mondo documentaries, but it's no more worthy than the faked ones.

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    On the subject of this kind of thing, has anyone seen the 'Banned from Tv' series?. Very similar to what you might see on 'World's Wildest (whatever) or 'When things go bad' etc, but these show you the uncut versions of such footage.

Just wondering if these are officially available on video or DVD, as the ones i saw were VCD fodder.

7. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Faces of death 95% fake? no wonder the boxset is cheap. this also brought back a memory of a video i saw a few years ago and didnt no the title of the film, real life death of animals ie a live monkey getting its head slice off alive in a foreign diner and the 4 people eating the still warm brains, and a cop getting eating alive by an alligator etc etc. i found out last night it was 1 of the FOD films although i still dont know which 1, but apart from the animal scenes i thought the rest looked fake. thanks for that info, i wont bother at all now.

while im on the subject, can anyone remember a film a few years ago(i think about gore and all that) that when the film was released the police actually thought the killings or mutilations of people were real, and actually question the film makers over it??

thanks

8. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +860
    Charlie Sheen rather embarassingly mistook one of the Japanese "Guinea Pig" movies, Flower of flesh and blood, for a snuff film (when he saw it at a party) and contacted the FBI. It concerns a samurai chopping a young lady to pieces, bit by bit, until she's all minced. Not really much point to it but it's got its fans. I seem to recall reading about an investigation going on in Japan when it was first released but I might be mistaken.
    Would this be the one you were thinking of maybe?

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the "Banned from TV" series (1, 2, 3, and another one with a similar name) when I was living in the States, and it was very difficult to watch.

Lots of car accidents, police shootouts, and a couple very disturbing home videos.

I'm pretty sure these were legitimately sold via mail order in the States, although my copies were dubbed. :blush: EDIT: You can probably get an NTSC copy via eBay. I doubt they were ever released in this country.

10. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm, not sure. but i thought it was a couple of students who made the film.
    anyone else who thinks this may be the film???

thanks

11. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I got the Faces of Death box set R1 - its the usual dated Faked death scenes along with some nasty animal killings - i wouldnt recommend it - the R1 releases are also cut, pts 3+4 are much shorter than the dutch releases.
    If you want to see a real sick + nasty mondo movie then the Faces of Gore 1+2 are very disturbing - all the footage is real but the comentary is very very annoying/sick with the bloke slagging the victims off and making up silly stories about them.
    The best mondo movies i have seen are the Traces of death series, pt 1 is a superb documentary on crime/mafia etc made up almost entirely of B+W/colour photos. Pt 2 +3 are the usual collection of death footage but do have some great death metal tunes playing.
    Killing of America is the best mondo movie around, very well made documentary detailing americas fall into violence + murder. Good news this is available uncut over here on dvd.
    If you want to learn about Mondo movies and what footage is faked / real etc get hold of the superb book 'Killing for Culture' a well written history of the mondo movies with full reviews of all the movies (well most) Available at amazon.co.uk
    Here

12. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I have a real problem with cruelty to animals (and to humans but I'm talking animals here). Life can be hard enough for them without some sick prick getting his kicks from torturing some poor dumb creature.

Had a few mutilations up where I live recently, I'd love to meet whoever did it for a "word" :mad:
    Paul

13. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't understand how ur "not going to bother" with the film now uv found out its faked, ur not seriously tellin me ud wanna watch people being killed or animals being killed for real sheeeesh, what sorta people buy this stuff ?

14. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Wait 'till you've had a few loved ones pass away!
    You'll have a whole new outlook on wanting to see people being killed or autopsy footage. Believe me!

15. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Well said Racquel.
    Paul

16. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to recall an incident many years ago where police seized a copy of Cannibal Holocaust and contacted the FBI as they thought they'd found a snuff film.

17. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of people did u say??
    the people that believe what really HAPPENS in the world and not by the movies. in other words "THE REAL WORLD"

yes i know what happen to one of my granparents after seeing how autopsy are performed, makes me wanna just get buried straight away, but how else are they gonna find the course of death and this is a part of everyday life.

how animals are really killed?, cows, foreign countrys, not on "twisted purpose killings of course"

But this is a DVD forum to discuss whats on these disk, and if u dont like these films then dont reply with a debate that goes on away from this forum.

foxmulder: stop worry about other peoples thinkin and get a life, in other words i aint gonna spend my money on fake crap. and stop tryin 2 be special and judging people. if u wanna do that then u must need to get a life. if u wanna get notice and attention away from dvds then dont do it on this forum

i really hate it when these kind of people personally take one of your quotes and try and turn it into something else. its not an opinion, its Just SAD.

now can we get back to what this forum is about? disscusing DVDS!!!

thank you

18. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read what i posted again it seems to me you want to buy a sick twisted film because u believed it contained REAL killings and REAL death including animals being killed for fun, when u found out it wasn't real u decided not to buy, maybe ur sick in the head if thats what u wanna buy and enjoy watching, I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD and i have had someone close to me die last year, i really don't understand ur need to buy DVD's which contain REAL deaths, which is why i can respond to posts like yours.

Don't take it personally its my perspective based on what u posted.

19. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    because you THOUGHT i wanted to buy a sick/twisted dvd bout real life events, it gives you the right to judge me? again GET A LIFE PLEASE, stop getting emotion on a computer!!!

U dont have to understand mine or anyones elses needs who own or buying these dvds like i said your not special, so why are you studying my words and quoting them as if your judging me to start a debate? thats what i mean by get a life, if you wanna do that then go on the 'trisha show' if you want different points of view and not on here please

i was asking about these dvds to anyone that had them, so if u aint got them why the hell are you replying???
    and no, u cant reply to a post like mine because you had someone close die, ive had someone close to me die, so does almost every one around the world.

it doesnt give you the right to call me sick in the head because i might wanna buy them, it gives me the right for people on here to go above this forum to get a life because you are going away from this forum with your own personal problems or thoughts,
    which sounds like your bothered by words on a forum which sounds like this forum is your life.

at the end of the day theses dvds are about real life and what really goes on in the world and news.

You can read cant you?? this title said "faces/gore of death"
    so u knew what it was about but you still made a point beyond what i was asking. for god sakes if u need a debate about peoples points of view please dont do it on here, its spoils these forums.
    oh by the way i didnt know these dvds contain animals being killed for FUN!!!!!i agree wiv u there and only there.

20. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read what u just posted boy ur one sick person.

21. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i like to no wot was sick about that last thread?

22. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why because i told you straight up. and that was your responce??

then dont get invovled in things that you cant back it up.

what a silly person

:thumbsdow

23. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can anyone claim "these dvd's are about real life and what goes on in the real world" listen if u want real life go help people who suffer in the real world don't buy dvd's which show REAL torture humiliation and death and try to claim it happens so its ok to buy, morally it just isn't right and yes i feel i can comment on it ok because u have tried to say ur lookin for dvd's which contain REAL people being killed.

One final point i was originally replying to ur reaction that Faces of Death was faked so u wouldn't buy it, was i wrong to assume u were lookin for dvd's which were real, i think my assumption based on ur answers was correct, sorry u took offence.

24. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was ASKING about them, and what was in them. just because some other member said "dont bother, there fake" and i replied that im not buying them now, U started a personal debate about your way of thinking, we dont wanna know how u think personally, just your information on dvds, which is what this forum is all about aint it.
    but if u cant help yourself on this forum with your beliefs, then maybe your on the wrong forum full stop.

25. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh enuf said. end of dissusion:clap:

26. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well glad ur happy, i'm sure other forum members can make their mind up about what u really meant.

27. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah about you and your sad behaviour, u wanna carry it on ok fair enuf. just remember that i aint got 1 of these films where a lot of members here have. you just remember that!

so im wondering what a lot of members think of you? who do you think you are judging people because you dont like them films.
    Thats a discrimination on people you dont even know, and i dont think moderators will allow discrimination on here.

ethier accept it or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like those type of films u say of me ?

Excuse me for even daring to suggest there's something wrong with u or anyone who likes watching REAL people or REAL animals being slaughtered and killed, as for any AV Forum member possessing these films well they are welcome to openly admit it on the forum, any right thinkin individual should condemn it.

I have written a lot of posts and not once have i ever treated anyone with disrespect, i love movies and thats why i'm a member of these forums.

29. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Folks,

Okay, before this turns really vicious, can I ask we all calm down a little, please? :(

Now: there are those people who enjoy watching horror films, or films that purtain to show real life deaths, killings and injuries. To a certain extent, I am one of them. There is something very morbidly fascinating about seeing a real life killing or death take place, but at once removed, because you are safely watching it on TV or DVD, or whatever. Hence, there is a certain divorcement from the reality being shown. How many of you who condemn these films, slow down your car, when you pass by a road accident?!

On the other hand, there are those people who think this kind of material is sick, degrading and/or offensive. You may be of the persuasion that thinks horror films like "Cannibal Holocaust", "I Spit On Your Grave" etc, etc should also not be available to the general public to watch, for entertainment.

Either way, you are entitled to your opinions and value judgements! I can happily watch "Cannibal Holocaust" or a Guinea Pig film, but if I saw someone walking down the street, with what looked like a gun, then I would be one of the first to run, and call the police!

There is a difference between wanting to watch disturbing material on a TV screen (be it news footage, or material like in the Traces Of Death films), and actually wanting to watch someone being hacked to pieces in front of your very eyes, in real life!

At least, that's how I feel! Horror films, and Mondo films are designed to push buttons in people, a kind of test of endurance, so to speak. These films are deliberately designed to provoke and cause controversy, on what they may or may not purport to depict.

Like everything else in life, these films are hyped up by people who have heard things from their friends, read info on the Net, and from the media in general. However, unless you've physically watched a particular title all the way through, I feel it is unfair to comment on whether or not someone has the right to watch such material.

I think I can safely say, that the vast majority of people on this site, who want to watch violent, horrific or gory films cotaining real or fictitious killings, are probably actually relatively normal, human beings! For the most of us, who do watch this stuff, it can be cathartic. I'd rather watch something like this, and use it to cathartically get rid of anger or frustration within me, than say, turn to boxing, for example.

Everyone has their own view on death and murder, but please don't fall into the trap of chastising those who do want to watch it, unless you've actually seen first-hand, the contents of these films. Because you may find that someone then turns round to you, and says: "Well, you sit and watch sexist comedy like that of Bernard Manning or Roy Chubby Brown" or "You read Big Jugs Monthly"! We all have our likes and dislikes. I don't like Roy Chubby Brown or Bernard Manning, and have seen some of their material. However, I wouldn't actually try saying to someones face, that they are somehow a sick individual!

So, please, for the sake of harmony in the forum, think before you write. We are all human beings, and everyone is different.

Okay, rant over with. :)

Pooch

30. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ur missing the point Horror films are my favourite type i have many Dario Argento or Lucio Fulci flicks and theyre extremely violent, i was talkin about REAL death as in REAL snuff films, not faked my point was if u knowingly decided to buy a DVD because u knew it contained real killings and u did it for this sole reason alone is that morally right, and should forum members accept it ? the things ur mentioning are all faked, anyways i'm letting this drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.