Faceplates

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Rhys89, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Rhys89

Rhys89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    anyone know any decent websites that sell faceplates that are a bit different form the usual ones that you see in the shops?

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    I don't think many shops seem to sell many faceplates, most have just a couple if any.

Playasia sell quite a few, not many game ones but maybe there's something that takes your fancy http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-dg-49-en.html

I'm still using my Dead Rising faceplate, haven't found one to suit the console better since fitting it. Shame really, the whole faceplate thing hasn't lived up to it's potential IMO, would like to see more game related giveaways(with white backgrounds so it blends into the console).

3. Trist

Trist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    For me they they pretty much killed off all the potential with the fact it is not the whole case and just the front plate.

Unless your 360 is stored somewhere quite tight (which is a bad idea in itself) you end up seeing plenty of the off white side or top (depending on if your vertical or horizontal) & it makes the faceplate looks rubbish and tacked on.

If it was possible for it to be the whole casing then IMO the effect would look a whole lot better. Plus it would give plenty more space to come up with some interesting & meaningful designs.