Facebook 'wins' scores battle with Sky Sports

D

Dave Duke

A group on social networking site Facebook is claiming victory in a battle with Sky Sports over where the live scores were displayed during Premiership matches.

Almost 6,000 fans added their support to the campaign for the return of the "top left" score on Sky Sports after the broadcaster moved its live scores to the bottom left at the start of the season.

But this weekend, as Chelsea lost to Aston Villa, the scores were back on the top left.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/03/nfacebook103.xml

Don't care who takes the credit it's back where it should be.

At least sky listened

Just wish they wouldn't touch things that work and fix the things that dont

Change is good and Im glad that they tried it and put it back when they soon found out we were not happy. It shows they care but are also happy to try things out. I would prefer that then just stay constant.

I like the start of the new Football season when things come back to normal, Soccer Saturday, Lunchtime and Dinner time games on a Sunday and I like looking forward to see if anything is new in the way they do things. They took a big gamble with Sky Sports News with the tickers across the bottom and the colours. In my view they pulled that off with flying colours. The position of the Scores on the Sky Sports didnt go down too well but they accepted that. Only a small percentage of their viewers actually complained and they listened, so well done to them.

Change is good and Im glad that they tried it and put it back when they soon found out we were not happy. It shows they care but are also happy to try things out. I would prefer that then just stay constant.

I like the start of the new Football season when things come back to normal, Soccer Saturday, Lunchtime and Dinner time games on a Sunday and I like looking forward to see if anything is new in the way they do things. They took a big gamble with Sky Sports News with the tickers across the bottom and the colours. In my view they pulled that off with flying colours. The position of the Scores on the Sky Sports didnt go down too well but they accepted that. Only a small percentage of their viewers actually complained and they listened, so well done to them.

Got to ditto what you have said there m8. They tried something new, it failed so they changed back. No harm in that at all :)

Got to ditto what you have said there m8. They tried something new, it failed so they changed back. No harm in that at all :)

I don't mind change, but it should be properly panel tested before implementation.

If it had been this particular change would never have made it out of the starting blocks.

I mean who were the panel of muppets that approved this change, clearly not football supporters?

Still it's back where it belongs now.

EDIT - Just read the article linked above and it sounds to me the Sky Sports spokesperson was talking about Griff's petition from here,

"We are always trying new things and we were aware of the online petition."

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom