Facebook to buy Whatsapp for $19bn

it seems to be free for the 'early adapters' no idea when this was but I have had it years and that's what I get when I download to a new phone

I've never used Viber but years ago a few friends raved about it and told me to download it. As I had unlimited calls and texts, I couldn't see the appeal. However at the time, I didn't have access to either wifi or internet at work and when they installed wifi a couple of years ago, everyone jumped on Whatsapp so we can now send texts/pics etc. I guess it's like Facebook vs Myspace vs Bebo. It just comes down to what is fashionable at the time and everyone runs with it.

Well as I said I've never used WhatsApp, but from the description it sounds like the same thing as Viber except Viber is free.

I can call, send texts, pictures etc. I think they may have added video calls too but I already had Tango for that.

As I had unlimited calls and texts, I couldn't see the appeal

I have (as good as) unlimited calls and texts too, but I use Viber to text and call internationally. I live near the border between Ireland and N Ireland, so I have numerous contacts on both country codes. Plus my best friend lives in Canada.

:rotfl:

image.jpg

Whatsapp is the source of constant arguments in my house - whatever happened to the good ole' days of picking up the phone and having a conversation?

refuse to use it and am very close to closing my facebook down!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom