Facebook marketplace private seller goods not arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all getting rather OTT and sinister with the OP thinking about contacting the seller's employer.

The problem with these threads is that we only hear one side of the story. Maybe on another forum somewhere there's a thread where someone is talking about blanking a buyer on Facebook due to being threatened with messages after the courier screwed up delivery. I'm not saying that happened but we just don't know why the seller isn't responding. There could be various reasons.
Maybe the seller left his phone in the jacket pocket. 🤣

Not that expensive, like I said previously it isn't about the money it is the principle. I have to re-iterate, if someone like this gets away scot free next time it will be a lot more and probably a much more vulnerable person, anyone's mum dad, grandparents.

I could not have been more courteous in my dealings with this "gentleman". I am venting here because I feel I need to. What has it come to when I have to be careful what I say and how I say it to someone who has my money and holding me over a virtual barrel. I want to let rip on him now but am going to leave it a short while longer. He has read all my messages, it takes a couple of seconds to answer and put my mind at ease if he is a genuine person (which I guarantee he is not given his track record so far). I can't see how anyone can begin to defend his behaviour. And no, I don't have anything better to do at the moment.
Yours,
The Grinch

Why have they got you over a barrel?

If he gets away with it this time next time it could be tenfold and it could be someones elderly disabled mother

I wish I knew his side of the story but he just will not communicate with me.
I kind of resent the word SINISTER being bandied about on this thread. I am actually quite a laid back bloke, not easily riled but this has me up in arms for some reason, but not in a "sinister" way

You're not coming across as that at all. All these quotes I've posted are from just the last page. It's a completely disproportionate reaction to the situation.

I've thought about that. To be honest, I don't think I would contact his employer, even if I threatened it (hope he isn't reading this) but if provoked, who knows

So you wouldn't... but you might?

It's not stalking, I unearthed the aforementioned info this morning with a well judged search

It comes across as stalking.

Why do I feel like I'm on trial?

Because you chose to post about your situation on a forum that allows other members to comment. And some don't agree with how you're going about dealing with this.

Like I said before, next time it could be someones elderly mum for a few grand

Research on a fraudster, yes. I did say help and advice, not to be critiqued for wanting to retrieve my money

Again, you chose to post on a forum and garner other people's opinions. As I've said before, I'm sure everybody would like you to get your money back. I certainly would. But the way you're coming across is quite sinister because you don't know why the seller isn't responding.

The hassle is all mine, don't you worry too much or lose any sleep over it

These are not the words of someone who is laid back.

Agreed, but in this case there has been no delivery or attempt. Had it been taken that way, with at least an attempt weirdly enough, that would have been a lot better

To those of you who have added genuine insight advice and encouragement, and help me see the wood amongst the trees, so to speak, I thank you. It hasn't gone unnoticed.
I have also now taken you off of my list.

You seem to only want people who agree with you to post?

You have mate, food for thought, thanks

See above.

My take on this is that you're being totally and completely irrational and unnecessarily dramatic.

If you really want to put this person on the spot then go and confront them. I wouldn't suggest that normally but it's better than digging around on the internet and making idle threats.

You obviously want revenge and that's worrying when we're just talking about a jacket that didn't turn up. Yes, be annoyed... but to start looking into this person's life and even considering approaching their employer is, frankly, concerning.

You really need to take a bit of time to calm down and stop being irrational.

Chill out a bit, listen to some music...

'No Jacket Required' by Phil Collins is a superb album...

Read the original post, I asked for advice not criticism. If you want to offer up advice, fine. If you just want to find fault and cast disparaging remarks, jog on mate, I do not need nor want it. Your presence on this thread is not wanted by me. I think you definitely have too much time on your hands

Not that expensive, like I said previously it isn't about the money it is the principle. I have to re-iterate, if someone like this gets away scot free next time it will be a lot more and probably a much more vulnerable person, anyone's mum dad, grandparents.
I agree with your philosophy on this to a point. The principle of it is important but the amount does come into it.

If the jacket cost £999.99 then I could see why you'd be so angry. If the jacket cost £20, I would expect you to be annoyed.

Neither of those situations alters your belief in the principle, but they should play a part in your level of anger.

Judge
Jury
Executioner...

Elaborate.

Shouldn't this guy get his just deserves?

He ignored 20 messages from chalkdust.

Obviously some of chalkdust's messages might not have been pleasant considering, but he could have at least replied to work out a resolve (bank transfer or not).

Read the original post, I asked for advice not criticism.
You don't want any advice that's contrary to what you want to hear.

I'm starting to wonder if the seller did initially try to help resolve this situation but then you got aggressive and started to make threats toward them?

Years ago I was scammed on this site for a £60 phone. I contacted the police after receiving info on the scammer. I told the police if they recovered the money to donate it to a worthy charity of their choice. You will find the thread on here somewhere. I am a believer in justice first and foremost and have been the same even before that so that will explain my attitude to thieves which is what they are. I may not be that reticent regarding these matters but I will do what I have to.

If it had been a fiver I would have the same attitude

Elaborate.

Shouldn't this guy get his just deserves?

He ignored 20 messages from chalkdust.

Obviously some of chalkdust's messages might not have been pleasant considering, but he could have at least replied to work out a resolve (bank transfer or not).

We don't know why the seller isn't responding.

Until we do then nobody should be talking about them getting their "just desserts." It's completely over the top.

Chalkdust SHOULD be given a refund. But there are two sides to a story.

Given how Chalkdust is coming across on here with people who haven't got his money then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the seller has decided not to engage anymore or to only engage when there is a resolution. If Chalkdust can get so wound up with people who are simply disagreeing, then perhaps those reactions are alot more sinister in tone towards someone who owes them money?

If the money is a relatively significant amount then all the more reason that more care should have been taken regarding the way the transaction was carried out.

But some need to get some perspective.

Last edited:
This has been a bizarre read.

It reminds me why I wouldn't buy anything on Facebook... And why I sure as hell wouldn't sell anything there either.

Lower than £500 or lower than £327.06? What do win if we a guess right, a jacket? :D
Yep... this one:

TELEMMGLPICT000192020064_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnovVTiJx1-CJOCPnC8SeZ1q8dTvX9FttOea5MabsGgY.jpeg

I have been utterly courteous, beyond pleasant hence the tirade on this forum, only way to vent. And when I say over a barrel, it is just that, if I use any sort of abrasive language I would have burnt all my bridges so to speak. If he is not replying when I am being amicable, what chance do I have if I become confrontational

If a moderator is reading this, how would you react if this were a 'disputed' trade in the classifieds on here?

What would be your reaction if you were moderating this dispute, the seller isn't responding but the buyer is digging into the sellers internet history and threatening to write to their place of work to 'expose' them.

Genuinely interested to hear what the reaction/advice would be?

Last edited:
He obviously dosen't want to refund chalkdust.
What if the seller has died and someone else is reading the messages.

Unlikely?

Some years ago a person I knew met someone on a dating site. They exchanged lots of messages, talked on the phone and met up a couple of times.

Then... all contact ceased. The person I knew was sending messages on the dating site and by text and trying to call. Nothing. They were quite hurt and so sent some messages that expressed anger at being cut off.

Turned out they'd had a heart attack and died.

A relative was seeing the messages but didn't feel inclined to respond to someone they didn't know.

These things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom